VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 12:37:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have not watched KY...  (Read 802 times)
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2021, 07:39:32 EDT »

Can someone give me some inkling about the validity of their record? UT has pulled into a push with them.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 02:20:51 EDT »

Can someone give me some inkling about the validity of their record? UT has pulled into a push with them.
Their defensive front 7 is legit.
They play vertical on defense like we do.
However, they have had some significant injuries' there
They like to blitz
Might make it easier to run as their aggressiveness often allows gaps so your are likely to see a stuff, stuff, gash type of run game from us

Their secondary plays not to allow the deep ball
That leaves large gaps in the short to intermediate range - The TEs, #1, #4 and #11 should have good days exploiting those gaps
Just need to be patient in the throw game

Their OL is good

Their RBs are good to very good s well
However, their run game has not been overpowering as it has been, especially late
They will run on us but I think that our D can keep them somewhat in check (except for our two sleeper drive where our D brings red capes on the field vs tackles)

Their QB is meh IMO.  Good arm but seems to have regressed recently
Tends to make bad decisions and puts the ball in harms way, especially if pressured
They are supposed to have THE OC but have not been impressed with his play calling that much

Bottom line:
We need to press the running game, we can break some runs on their D, especially with Evans
Take what they give us in the pass game and expect our receivers to break a short to medium pass to the house a couple of times
but run TEMPO!
The blue kitten D was gassed early last week and MSU has nowhere near the tempo we have

Play the run hard and dare their QB to beat our secondary, especially if both #2 and #4 start at corners
Sell out to put pressure on their QB as he doesn't handle pressure well.  He can run but is well below the last two QBs we played in that area.
Look for #6 and #26 to have a big game

We can, and should win this game

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 03:25:27 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 03:16:04 EDT »

Pirate sees it precisely as do I, very good and objective breakdown Pirate! I think we win (of course this is based on if we truly have been able to get our RBs, QB and others rested and healthy) fairly easily, something in the neighborhood of Vols 34  Cats 17. GO VOLS !       
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 03:30:20 EDT »

Pirate sees it precisely as do I, very good and objective breakdown Pirate! I think we win (of course this is based on if we truly have been able to get our RBs, QB and others rested and healthy) fairly easily, something in the neighborhood of Vols 34  Cats 17. GO VOLS !       
I started to include that I think the margin id in the neighborhood of 10 points

If Cooper and Cade are good to go (judging by the Cheshire cat grin of "Uncle Austin" this week they should be) as well as Evans then we can hang 42 or so on them

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 08:00:57 EDT »

If we can get out in front early, I don't think they can catch up.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: