VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 09:47:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiyon Evans in the portal  (Read 1608 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2021, 02:25:07 EST »

what the deal is with him

https://twitter.com/darealballer_15/status/1464219405651484702?s=20
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 02:31:50 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 03:34:00 EST »

I heard it was grades.

Hopefully this counts as an extra we can get

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 04:21:43 EST »

This makes no sense. It's one thing to go pro, it's another to enter the portal.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 04:26:47 EST »

This makes no sense. It's one thing to go pro, it's another to enter the portal.
If the rumours of the lack of classroom attendance/application are true, the transfer portal means nothing

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 05:37:09 EST »

I thought to enter the portal you had to be in good academic standing at your current school?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 05:42:41 EST »

I thought to enter the portal you had to be in good academic standing at your current school?
This term's grades haven't been posted ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 07:38:42 EST »

This term's grades haven't been posted ...

Yes....But all these rumors from some media types and post from posters say grade issues...don't like to attend class etc....so how do all these people know
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 07:53:30 EST »

Posted from:  http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf

One-Time Transfer Exception Criteria for 2021-22 Enrollment
Q1: What criteria does the student-athlete need to meet in order to utilize the new Division I one-time exception to seek immediate transfer eligibility?
A1: In order to meet the criteria of the one-time transfer exception, the student-athlete must:
• Transfer from a four-year collegiate institution to an NCAA Division I school;
Leave their current four-year school academically eligible;
• Have not transferred previously from another four-year institution, and
• Certify in writing, along with their new head coach, they did not have direct or indirect communication with the new school’s athletics staff prior to entering the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Additionally, a student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal by July 1, 2021 (all sports) to use the one-time exception. Other rules (e.g., disciplinary suspension at the previous school, transferable credits accepted by your new school, sport specific midyear transfer rules) may also factor into the campus compliance administrator’s certification of transfer eligibility.

Academic Eligibility
Q5: How does a student-athlete know if they will be academically eligible at the time they prepare to transfer from their current school?
A5: Student-athletes will want to seek assistance from their campus compliance administrator to ensure whether this one-time transfer exception will apply to their specific transfer situation prior to requesting entrance to the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Q6: Are there other eligibility requirements a student-athlete must consider?
A6: Like all Division I student-athletes, an incoming transfer student-athlete will also need to meet minimum academic progress requirements at their new school to be eligible to compete. The requirements an individual student-athlete must meet depends on how far along they are in their degree progression, their sport, and the time of transfer (e.g., fall versus midyear). Compliance and academic staff at schools a student-athlete is considering will be able to help the student-athlete understand if they are on track to meet the necessary academic requirements
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 08:19:24 EST »

Posted from:  http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf

One-Time Transfer Exception Criteria for 2021-22 Enrollment
Q1: What criteria does the student-athlete need to meet in order to utilize the new Division I one-time exception to seek immediate transfer eligibility?
A1: In order to meet the criteria of the one-time transfer exception, the student-athlete must:
• Transfer from a four-year collegiate institution to an NCAA Division I school;
Leave their current four-year school academically eligible;
• Have not transferred previously from another four-year institution, and
• Certify in writing, along with their new head coach, they did not have direct or indirect communication with the new school’s athletics staff prior to entering the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Additionally, a student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal by July 1, 2021 (all sports) to use the one-time exception. Other rules (e.g., disciplinary suspension at the previous school, transferable credits accepted by your new school, sport specific midyear transfer rules) may also factor into the campus compliance administrator’s certification of transfer eligibility.

Academic Eligibility
Q5: How does a student-athlete know if they will be academically eligible at the time they prepare to transfer from their current school?
A5: Student-athletes will want to seek assistance from their campus compliance administrator to ensure whether this one-time transfer exception will apply to their specific transfer situation prior to requesting entrance to the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Q6: Are there other eligibility requirements a student-athlete must consider?
A6: Like all Division I student-athletes, an incoming transfer student-athlete will also need to meet minimum academic progress requirements at their new school to be eligible to compete. The requirements an individual student-athlete must meet depends on how far along they are in their degree progression, their sport, and the time of transfer (e.g., fall versus midyear). Compliance and academic staff at schools a student-athlete is considering will be able to help the student-athlete understand if they are on track to meet the necessary academic requirements

Thank you...what I thought
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 08:20:45 EST »

Hopefully this transfer portal craziness will go back to normal transfer rules eventually. It's making college football too difficult to follow who's got who anymore.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 09:30:40 EST »

The transfer portal is here to stay, imo.  In fact, I think it is much more likely that the rules on transfers will relax even more instead of becoming more stringent.  I really hope that is not the case, but its what I think is likely to happen.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2021, 10:25:53 EST »

The ability to transfer at any point during the season is what needs to change IMO. Transfers should only be allowed at the end of the season, or establish a specified period during the season (1 week) so a coach doesn't have to wonder who he's got to play with week to week.          
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2021, 10:38:47 EST »

The ability to transfer at any point during the season is what needs to change IMO. Transfers should only be allowed at the end of the season, or establish a specified period during the season (1 week) so a coach doesn't have to wonder who he's got to play with week to week.        
Personally, I don’t like it at all. I think if you want to transfer, for any reason, you should have to sit a year (no exceptions), imo.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:52:01 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2021, 11:01:07 EST »

It just begs for teams to start recruiting transfers. They are already doing it. Pretty soon they will be going after transfers as intensely as they do high school players. Just asks for shady dealings. And no school is above it.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2021, 11:03:40 EST »

It seems to be mostly him missing his kid

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 08:37:34 EST »

If it's about him missing his kid good for him. Regardless, hopefully things work out for all parties.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 09:08:49 EST »

Hyams said this morning (yeah I know) that the parting was mutual and that he was disruptive in the locker room

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: