VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:58:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VQ reporting that the 2012 football schedule looks like this  (Read 5939 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2011, 09:02:50 EST »

No Arkansas, which is good for us. The schedule eases up considerably from this past year. Dooley has no choice but to win 8 with this schedule or he's gone. I can tell that based off of Hart's comments in recent interviews. I still expect 9 wins. Like it or not, we should beat Florida next year. The only games on the schedule as of today that I would be OK counting as losses are @ UGa, vs. Alabama, @ USC.

Sept 1 - NC State*
Sept 8 - vs. GA State
Sept 15 - vs. Florida
Sept 22 - vs. Akron
Sept 29 - @ UGA
Oct 6 - Bye
Oct 13 - @ MS State
Oct 20 - vs. Alabama
Oct. 27 - @ USCe
Nov. 3 - vs. Troy
Nov. 10 - vs. Mizzou
Nov. 17 - @ Vanderbilt
Nov. 24 - vs. UK

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 09:25:46 EST »

Calendar coincidence, obviously, but at least the Alabama game is back on the 3rd Saturday.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:33:41 EST »

So, Mizzou takes Arky's place as a home game and the pups move up a week in the schedule.  Otherwise, other than the bamer game being on its rightful day of the 3rd Saturday in October, no real changes.

Now stay tuned to the push for a 9 game SEC schedule in 2013.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 10:10:24 EST »

So, Mizzou takes Arky's place as a home game and the pups move up a week in the schedule.  Otherwise, other than the bamer game being on its rightful day of the 3rd Saturday in October, no real changes.

Now stay tuned to the push for a 9 game SEC schedule in 2013.

Bring it on. Sure beats having Georgia State AND Akron on the schedule in the same year.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 10:54:56 EST »

A 9 game schedule is going to happen sooner or later.  Otherwise, we'd go almost a decade between games with any of the West teams other than Bama.  Problem is, it will surely cause some schools in this league to dial back the difficulty of their OOC schedules.  I hope we're not one of them. 

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 12:24:02 EST »

Well I have thought to myself, and out loud   That a 9 or 10 game conference schedule might get us to a tournament.  Only play the conference schedule, and then play the other teams around the country in a tourney.  Probably will never happen.  Since a +1 is what they are talking of now.    Anyway, I agree re: the schedule.  8 or 9 wins a must for Dooley.  The schedule is "weak" but is what we need right now.  I have a friend from Akron, or Toledo.  One of those teams is pretty good. Preferably Toledo.    
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 09:02:40 EST »

agree, barring a ton of key injuries, 9 wins should happen. Also agree that Dave Hart is pretty clear on his expectations
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 10:07:56 EST »

NC State, Georgia State, Akron MSU, Troy, Mizzou, Vandy, and UK should be wins. UF should be weak next year and beatable Bama will rebuilding but still better than us I believe. We should have beat USCeast this year with Bray and company healthy hard to imagine we don't/if we don't beat. Mizzou will still have to get acclaimated to the SEC and at home we should take them. Vandy will be a tough matchup because they are getting better dven if we don't like that douch of a coach. UK better be a win consecutive loses should spell the end for Dooley.

GO VOLS! 
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 11:12:55 EST »

NC State, Georgia State, Akron MSU, Troy, Mizzou, Vandy, and UK should be wins. UF should be weak next year and beatable Bama will rebuilding but still better than us I believe. We should have beat USCeast this year with Bray and company healthy hard to imagine we don't/if we don't beat. Mizzou will still have to get acclaimated to the SEC and at home we should take them. Vandy will be a tough matchup because they are getting better dven if we don't like that douch of a coach. UK better be a win consecutive loses should spell the end for Dooley.

GO VOLS! 

Getting Mizzou and MSU in place of LSU and Arky definitely helps, but I don't  think I'd be as quick to chalk up wins on your list. NC State, MSU, Mizzou, and Vandy all had better records then we did, if only marginally better, and UK had the same record, and beat us. We definitely could win those games and maybe UF too, but this team has to improve in a number of areas before we start talking about a 9 game or more winning season. The OL, RBs and WRs outside of Hunter (hope he comes back strong) and Rogers, the DL, and the kicking game all either need vast improvement or, in the case of the DL, new infusion of talent. Plus, if rumors are true, this team was seriouly lacking in discipline and chemistry and that needs to be addressed. I definitely think we'll be better, we can't get much worse, but I'm not sure we're going to be vastly better. I'm hoping for 8 wins, anything above that is gravy IMO.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 12:02:09 EST »

Getting Mizzou and MSU in place of LSU and Arky definitely helps, but I don't  think I'd be as quick to chalk up wins on your list. NC State, MSU, Mizzou, and Vandy all had better records then we did, if only marginally better, and UK had the same record, and beat us. We definitely could win those games and maybe UF too, but this team has to improve in a number of areas before we start talking about a 9 game or more winning season. The OL, RBs and WRs outside of Hunter (hope he comes back strong) and Rogers, the DL, and the kicking game all either need vast improvement or, in the case of the DL, new infusion of talent. Plus, if rumors are true, this team was seriouly lacking in discipline and chemistry and that needs to be addressed. I definitely think we'll be better, we can't get much worse, but I'm not sure we're going to be vastly better. I'm hoping for 8 wins, anything above that is gravy IMO.

With 18  starters back (really 19, since Ben Martin was a part timer at best), a much easier schedule, more experience, more talent, and more depth, 9 wins is my expectation.  Do I think we'll actually win 9?  Nope.  Not based on the undisciplined play and poor player development I saw this season.  But for me to stay in Dooley's corner, he has to somehow make it happen.  I think most SEC coaches COULD win 9 or more with this team, so that's what I expect.  And I really like Dooley, and I'm sick of coaching searches, so I'm really hoping he does it.  But I have a bad feeling we'll be looking for his replacement this time next year.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:48 EST »

With 18  starters back (really 19, since Ben Martin was a part timer at best), a much easier schedule, more experience, more talent, and more depth, 9 wins is my expectation.  Do I think we'll actually win 9?  Nope.  Not based on the undisciplined play and poor player development I saw this season.  But for me to stay in Dooley's corner, he has to somehow make it happen.  I think most SEC coaches COULD win 9 or more with this team, so that's what I expect.  And I really like Dooley, and I'm sick of coaching searches, so I'm really hoping he does it.  But I have a bad feeling we'll be looking for his replacement this time next year.

Co-sign that. Agree 100%.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 12:23:19 EST »

Look hard at the games..........................I see 7 wins at best.  I sure hope they prove me wrong........I'm not sure we beat NC State.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:25:14 EST by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 07:27:47 EST »

Hard to be an optimist about Dooley from some of the things I saw this year and how the season ended.  There are just some things he does not seem to "get".  He may hit the panic button a bit too soon, and there is simply no excuse for how wretched our run game and kicking game were. 

I do hope he does get it figured out.  I think the staff needs to really stress the run, not just in practice, but in the game.  Against UK, we had some success running the ball, but seemed to abandon it in order to chuck the ball down the field 15 yards into coverage on every first down.  Poole only had 9 carries.  UK had the 20th best pass D in the country and a simply horrible run D.  They were not scoring anything on us.  All of which adds up to the phrase "ITS THE RUN GAME, STUPID!!!". 

Okay rant over.  Wake me up in September. I am not going to worry about it till then.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 04:53:57 EST »

I'm trying to be optimistic,so I'll predict an 8-4 record(losses to Georgia,Alabama,South Carolina and Missouri)

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 05:08:38 EST »

wwfdta
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: