VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 04:40:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truth or Not 2011 was tough year for vols fan  (Read 2556 times)
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2011, 07:46:58 EST »

I am 45 years old I was just talking with buddy the same age we couldn't come up with time that has been as hard to be a Vols fan. I am declaring today 2012 will be better we will win in football! Stokes will be bball answer! Pat will win big come March! No NCAA Talk! A great close to recruiting! I declare 2012 will be the better, and we will have fun again!

I am putting on my orange color glasses 5 days early  because they have been slapped off my face a bunch in 2011

Hope all had Great Christmas!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 11:23:23 EST »

I hope you are correct. 

The problem is it is getting tougher and tougher to muster that kind of optimism.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:41:19 EST »

I hope you are correct. 

The problem is it is getting tougher and tougher to muster that kind of optimism.

Imagine if "A Christmas Story" ended right after Ralphie came down the stairs in the pink bunny suit.  That's what it's like to be a Vol fan over the past decade.  We keep wishing for that shiny Red Rider every single year, but all we ever get is a damn bunny suit.   

2012 is the year we've been pointing to ever since the day Kiffin was hired.  Get the right recruits in here, and that can be our year.  Kiffin's unexpected departure may have put us a bit behind schedule, but the recruits are here.  And if they're not, we can't blame Fulmer for it anymore.  It's all on the current regime.  The talent should be in place.  IMO, it's now or never.  We could have a better team in 2013 if everyone returns, but the schedule is going to get a lot harder.  2012 is the year.  It has to be.

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 02:02:08 EST »

I am 45 years old I was just talking with buddy the same age we couldn't come up with time that has been as hard to be a Vols fan. I am declaring today 2012 will be better we will win in football! Stokes will be bball answer! Pat will win big come March! No NCAA Talk! A great close to recruiting! I declare 2012 will be the better, and we will have fun again!

I am putting on my orange color glasses 5 days early  because they have been slapped off my face a bunch in 2011

That reminded me of George Costanza in the Seinfeld "Summer of George" episode. I hope it turns out a lot better than it did for him.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 04:04:48 EST »

I like the way you think!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 07:55:48 EST »

Yeah 2011 was tough, to put it mildly

- football team had sucky year, key guys injured
- Pearl fiasco
- Pat Summit diagnosed with Dementia
- hoops team does not look very good
- baseball coach fired

But as the saying goes, it is always darkest before dawn

Pages: [1]   Go Up