VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:37:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm not normally into the cute animal videos, but...  (Read 12757 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2011, 10:52:04 EST »

...this is just irresistable.  Try not to grin, I dare you.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBluUZ4NnZg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/KBluUZ4NnZg</a>

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 10:55:45 EST »

Facebook'd. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:29:32 EST »

Hahaha!  Great video!  What's wrong with cute animal videos as opposed to cute people videos?  We're all "God's" critters.    Taking this one to facebook myself, and my wife will love it.  We have a Golden that looks very similar to that dude.  
7 billion human souls in the world means 7 billion realities.  No wonder it is such a clusterfizzle!  
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 01:28:23 EST »

We're all "God's" critters.  

The difference being that you can't serve humans on a plate beside the potatoes and gravy.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 01:49:23 EST »

The difference being that you can't serve humans on a plate beside the potatoes and gravy.

Personally, I am not amused by that.  Eat all the flesh you wish, but it is disgusting.  Call me a terrorist.    That said, we are all Vols.  GBO! 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 01:54:31 EST »

Why couldn't you serve humans on a plate?  It is not that far of a stretch in Amureeca circa 2012.  Eat or be eaten, correct?  Love all y'all.  Roll with it biggun.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 01:55:24 EST »

Hahaha!  Great video!  What's wrong with cute animal videos as opposed to cute people videos?  We're all "God's" critters.    Taking this one to facebook myself, and my wife will love it.  We have a Golden that looks very similar to that dude.  
7 billion human souls in the world means 7 billion realities.  No wonder it is such a clusterfizzle!  

It's not so much the "animal" thing I'm opposed to as the "cute" thing.  

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 02:00:13 EST »

It's not so much the "animal" thing I'm opposed to as the "cute" thing.  

Well in that case not all human babies that I contribute to at the office are "cute"  lol... lets not let this get out of hand.  I'm down with it.  Whatever will be will be.  Any one person ever fizzles with my dawgs is dead though.  Promise.  lol   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 02:03:16 EST »

Er, I meant contributing to the parents as in congratulatory gifts.  lol   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 02:09:35 EST »

Well in that case not all human babies that I contribute to at the office are "cute"  lol... lets not let this get out of hand.  I'm down with it.  Whatever will be will be.  Any one person ever fizzles with my dawgs is dead though.  Promise.  lol   

Shoot, anyone who was at the Vandy tailgate this year can tell you about my overgrown lapdog.  I feel the same way. 

What I meant was that as a card-carrying dude, I'm more interested in videos featuring hot chicks, fast cars, or drunken idiots doing stupid stuff (yes, like missing the 2004 UF game, before any of you smartasses chime in). 

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 02:11:16 EST »

I like meat, too, but God Almighty that's all they serve in America!  Try some tofu, or seitan, or tempeh... MMMM good!  Loaded with protein, and no cholesterol.  Perfect!  
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:13:59 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 02:12:37 EST »

Shoot, anyone who was at the Vandy tailgate this year can tell you about my overgrown lapdog.  I feel the same way. 

What I meant was that as a card-carrying dude, I'm more interested in videos featuring hot chicks, fast cars, or drunken idiots doing stupid stuff (yes, like missing the 2004 UF game, before any of you smartasses chime in). 

Atta boy!   
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 02:51:01 EST »

Personally, I am not amused by that.  Eat all the flesh you wish, but it is disgusting.  Call me a terrorist.    That said, we are all Vols.  GBO!  

Disgusting? Maybe. But it's also far healthier than most of the "food" we ingest.

Don't worry, though, I don't eat dogs. Meat's too stringy.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 03:01:43 EST »

Disgusting? Maybe. But it's also far healthier than most of the "food" we ingest.

Agree.  All of the processed food does the majority of the damage.  Don't get me wrong.  I am far from "perfect".  You can't escape it.  We have minimal options.  I, too, am a sinner.   
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 04:09:32 EST »

Agree.  All of the processed food does the majority of the damage. 

True...though I would take it a step further and add grains and starches. The next 10-20 years is going to revolutionize the way we think about food and its relationship to our bodies. The research is already being done and has been done, but so far the message has been controlled by pharmaceutical interests. The Internet levels the playing field in that regard. Fatty foods and foods high in cholesterol aren't nearly the devil that they have been made out to be.

Wait...how did this discussion begin again?

Oh, yeah...eating cute critters. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 04:48:55 EST »

True...though I would take it a step further and add grains and starches. The next 10-20 years is going to revolutionize the way we think about food and its relationship to our bodies. The research is already being done and has been done, but so far the message has been controlled by pharmaceutical interests. The Internet levels the playing field in that regard. Fatty foods and foods high in cholesterol aren't nearly the devil that they have been made out to be.

Wait...how did this discussion begin again?

Oh, yeah...eating cute critters. 

Haven't we already had the Atkins diet craze?  Not sure I follow you. Fruits, and veggies are best. It can't be debated.
That said, I have a problem with mass production and slaughter of animals for no other purpose than to feed our lard asses. 
Call me a terrorist    IDGAF...
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 04:50:40 EST »

Oh, and eggs are just chicken menstruation  lol
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 05:42:31 EST »

That said, I have a problem with mass production and slaughter of animals for no other purpose than to feed our lard asses.  

Well, ideally everyone would hunt their own wild game. Not only would our food not be shot full of chemicals but venison and elk is far better from a health perspective than beef or pork. But we tried that back in the 19th Century and nearly hunted our wildlife to extinction. So we do what we have to do to survive. We earned that right by battling our way to the top of the food chain.

Haven't we already had the Atkins diet craze?  Not sure I follow you. Fruits, and veggies are best. It can't be debated.

Not only can it be debated, it is being debated. And it will be debated much more in the future. Atkins was on the right track, and his research is being vindicated by more recent research that is being published every year. What can't be debated is that the complex carbs found in fruits and veggies are better for us than the simple carbs found in junk food and soda pop. What can't be debated is that many of the vitamins and nutrients found in fruits and veggies are beneficial to human health. What can be debated is just how good ANY carbs - simple or complex - are for the body, and whether we're benefited more by avoiding even some (not all, obviously) of the complex carbs that we consume in our daily diet, while retaining the beneficial parts of fruits and veggies through dietary supplements or other veggies that are lower in carbs. What can also be debated is whether starchy vegetables, such as potatoes and corn, have any real benefit as part of the human diet.

For healthy people who aren't overweight and aren't at risk for diseases such as cardiovascular disease, moderate consumption of fruits and veggies of any kind is just fine . . . great, even. A couple hundred years of medical research doesn't lie (well, not all of it, anyway). Other people - especially those who are obese and need to lose weight - would probably be better served by staying away from complex carbs completely . . . or at least as much as possible. Trade in the potatoes, rice and corn for green beans, spinach and broccoli. You still get the carbs that are essential to the body's function, without overdoing it. Medical research is still solving the riddle of what is good and what isn't good for human consumption. In many cases, I suspect that there isn't a clear-cut answer. For example, I am diabetic. Fruit of any kind is a no-no for me, because it pushes my blood glucose far beyond normal limits. Same with starchy vegetables. A single glass of orange juice, which has obvious health benefits, pushes my blood glucose beyond 300 ml, even with medication and insulin. Long-term damage begins to occur once BG rises above 150-180 ml.

Clearly the answer isn't as clear-cut as saying "fruits and vegetables are best, period." For some people, a diet high in fruits and vegetables may be best. But for almost everyone, a diet high in meats and fats isn't nearly as "bad" as medical research attempts to convince us. I can show you several examples of people I know who have improved their overall health by dumping simple carbs AND many complex carbs for diets dominated by protein and fat.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:44:48 EST by BigOrange Maniac » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 12:03:59 EST »

Gotcha!  No biggie.  I am actually an omnivore as most of us are   My wife is straight up, all out vegan, though   we are both animal lovers.  I do enjoy trying out some of her arguments/positions/logic/thoughts in unexpected places like VTTW    I also enjoy vegan cuisine.  It is really delicious.  I think it would be better for Americans in general if we had less dependence on a heavy meat diet, and fast food, but who am I?  I mistook BDV's subject line in the initial post which he later clarified, and was just generally having fun in this thread.  I'm pretty middle of the road in this life with some unorthodox leanings.  
One might ask how does an omnivore live with a vegan?  Well...  the house is stocked with vegan food items,  cause if mama ain't happy, nobody is! And when I'm at work, etc. I revert to a traditional American diet, which is flavorful on the one hand as long as you don't think too much!  lol    (I think I got us way off track from BDV's original intent.  Oops!  Sorry, BDV  )  
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:06:01 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 01:42:21 EST »

I have 2 deer in the freezer! Very tasty and good for you too!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 03:40:12 EST »

This thread... 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 03:52:32 EST »

This thread... 

Sure does beat going 3 or 4 days without any new threads at all. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 03:56:52 EST »

Sure does beat going 3 or 4 days without any new threads at all. 

Does it?

I guess that's a matter of opinion. 

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 04:09:06 EST »

Does it?

I guess that's a matter of opinion. 

Someone has to keep the cobwebs dusted off the place, even if it is a pot-stirrer vs. a loud-mouth.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 04:18:52 EST »

What we need around here is another riveting shaving thread.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: