VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 09:09:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Believe it or not, I just got re-started on AC Revelations over the weekend...  (Read 3992 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2012, 11:07:40 EDT »

...I got through the first couple sequences when it first came out, but then got engrossed in Skyrim and Batman AC, and haven't picked it back up until now.  I'm through sequence 4, and I'm about to take a break from the main story to level up all my assassins. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 11:13:48 EDT »

I haven't made progress on anything other than BF3 since it came out.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 11:20:10 EDT »

I haven't made progress on anything other than BF3 since it came out.

Honestly, I got bored with BF3 pretty quickly.  I guess I'm just not much of a FPS fan unless it also has a great story, like Bioshock.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 03:00:03 EDT »

Honestly, I got bored with BF3 pretty quickly.  I guess I'm just not much of a FPS fan unless it also has a great story, like Bioshock.

Imo, BF titles are much more worthwhile on PC.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:02:29 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 03:40:01 EDT »

Imo, BF titles are much more worthwhile on PC.

I don't think the platform would make much of a difference to me.  As I've said before, I don't care about multiplayer, so if it doesn't have a strong campaign, I'm probably not going to like it.  I will say that BF3 is some mighty tasty eye and ear candy, though.  If I want to demo HD gaming in 5.1 surround to my friends, that's the first title I pull off the shelf. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 04:33:30 EDT »

I did not care for Arkham City, FWIW. Graphically stunning... well written... but the gameplay was too busy for me and the options got too complicated too quickly while at the same time the fight controls seemed like just "pounding buttons".

I will trade it in the next time I get a chance although I'm not gaming much at all right now with the girls playing softball.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 04:53:44 EDT »

I did not care for Arkham City, FWIW. Graphically stunning... well written... but the gameplay was too busy for me and the options got too complicated too quickly while at the same time the fight controls seemed like just "pounding buttons".

I will trade it in the next time I get a chance although I'm not gaming much at all right now with the girls playing softball.

I think that the Batman and AC games are very similar, gameplay-wise.  Like AC, you can get away with button-mashing, but you'll score better if you wait and counter their attacks.  And of course the climbing and freerunning are pretty similar, as well.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 04:59:25 EDT »

I think that the Batman and AC games are very similar, gameplay-wise.  Like AC, you can get away with button-mashing, but you'll score better if you wait and counter their attacks.  And of course the climbing and freerunning are pretty similar, as well.

Similar but AC's fight engine is cleaner and more efficient in switching between weapons. Also one shot counter kills make fights end much more quickly. Whatever the reason arkham city pissed me off after the new wore off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 05:10:05 EDT »

BTW, it's strange that they put out the announcement trailer for GTA5 like 6 months ago, and we haven't heard another peep about it since then.  Now I guess it won't be coming out this year.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 02:39:59 EDT »

I don't think the platform would make much of a difference to me.  As I've said before, I don't care about multiplayer, so if it doesn't have a strong campaign, I'm probably not going to like it.  I will say that BF3 is some mighty tasty eye and ear candy, though.  If I want to demo HD gaming in 5.1 surround to my friends, that's the first title I pull off the shelf. 
yeah if you're not into multi player then BF prolly wont tickle your fancy.

A game I've been meaning to play back through is RDR.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 03:06:27 EDT »

yeah if you're not into multi player then BF prolly wont tickle your fancy.

A game I've been meaning to play back through is RDR.

I traded RDR but I have also considered rebuying it and replaying it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: