VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 11:18:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Recruiting (LBs)  (Read 2105 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2015, 05:04:23 EDT »

Butch has done a phenomenal job recruiting, but I'm trying to figure out our commit list in light of the fact we seem to have lots of LBs. I realize a lot can change, but I was expecting more OL and DL, instead of extra LBs.

'Nut posted an interesting breakdown a week or two ago, but I just looked at our list again tonight.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 03:18:03 EDT »

Well, we signed a ton of OL and DL last year.  Even though you want to bring in a few linemen every year, it's not the pressing need it once was.  I'm sure they'd like to bring in 1-2 more DTs (and we already have one committed), but we have plenty of numbers at DE for now.  

Honestly, due to our limited schollies available, I think this class is going to be less about filling needs and more about just getting the best players regardless of position.  2017 and 18 are going to be huge years in state, so I'm sure we'll load up on the LOS in those classes.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:28:49 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 06:35:20 EDT »

Bottom line is now we have more schollies to give.

We also signed 3 5 star DL last year, and they are freshmen this year. It will be hard to sign a lot of high level DL in the class of 2016

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 06:46:27 EDT »

LBs can covert to DE...see under Curt Maggit.

Of course we always need pure DTs, but as pointed out we seem to be okay there.  You can never have enough though IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: