VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 07:11:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DeBord  (Read 2541 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2015, 06:53:10 EDT »

Has an impressive resume, but has been out of the game awhile.  Are there any indications at all that he is getting it, or the opposite?

Frankly this is a big unknown going into the Fall. I feel good about every other area of our offense save the OL.  

I don't need to remind anyone what happened with a new DC in 2012 (shudder).  Of course, this is completely different.  For one thing, our HC is not a complete idjut and for another staff continuity is there (in late 2011 Coach Doofus lost 8 of 10 assistants  ).  

I think we will have to wait and see how things change, but this is an area of concern for me.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:07:33 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 06:57:02 EDT »

Okay I read up on his bio:

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mike_debord_949721.html

I didn't realize or forgot that he had worked with Butch before, and I thought he had been an admin longer than two years (He last coached in 2012).  Both those make me feel better, and he has some impressive accomplishments on his college resume, although that part is much older.

Still, until he gets it done on the field he might be a positive or a negative.  We will just have to wait and see, but I am wondering if there are any rumors floating around in the meantime.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 06:59:45 EDT »

All signs out of fall camp are that every single unit on offense has taken a big step forward since last season. Seems promising. It doesn't mean anything until this team goes to Nashville on 9/5 (actually, it doesn't mean anything until the lights come on 9/12 at Neyland, since BGU will offer little more than a glorified scrimmage) but that is encouraging, IMO.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 07:30:22 EDT »

The biggest areas where I think he will help are QB and OL.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 11:06:05 EDT »

That all sounds good.  Now I'm really looking forward to this season.  The most anticipated for me since 2008 for sure.   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 12:40:04 EDT »

Still, until he gets it done on the field he might be a positive or a negative.  We will just have to wait and see, but I am wondering if there are any rumors floating around in the meantime.

So you're saying he's Schrodinger's Coordinator? 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:27:49 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: