VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:53:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardest non-conference ticket since when?  (Read 1321 times)
Creek Walker
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:36:37 EDT »

Obviously the Oklahoma game is sold out. Currently, you're going to pay $170 if you want in the house on 9/12/15, and that's the worst of the nosebleeds (on StubHub). Many sideline end zone seats are over $200, and all lower level end zones are $200+ as well. Upper level sidelines are $300, and lower level sidelines are the proverbial arm and a leg.

When is the last time a ticket for a non-conference opponent was this valuable? Maybe Miami?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 05:06:58 EDT »

Probably never, if you don't adjust for inflation.  

I don't know what the secondary market was at the time, but the last time I can remember we had an OOC traditional power at the top of their game come to Knoxville when UT was also at the top of their game, was probably Notre Dame in 1990.  Miami was great when we played them, but nobody expected us to give them a game (and we didn't).  Cal was a good team at the time, but I don't consider them a traditional power.  

It remains to be seen whether UT and/or OU are at the top of their games this year, but as of today, this would have to go down as our most anticipated home OOC game in at least a couple decades.  And sadly, it may be our last one.  It seems the trend now and for the foreseeable future is to move these games to neutral sites.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:11:18 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 05:38:23 EDT »

Wow that's a lot, but I have noticed that ticket prices are inflated in spite of declining attendence at all sports (due to increasing costs and HD, with HD likely being the bigger factor).

I can't say why they have increased so much, but they have. 

I am attending the game with a really good buddy who is an OU fan and his friend.  We all went to the game last year in Norman along with his friend's son, who won't make the trip this year (something about having 6 kids...lol!).

My friend has the milder version of ALS (the kind Hawking has) and so we will sit in the handicaped section.  I don't know if that affected price or not, but the tickets were $110 each straight from the AD about two weeks ago.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: