VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 05:48:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nine Sooners test positive..........  (Read 1056 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2020, 11:27:16 EDT »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29669259/nine-oklahoma-sooners-test-positive-covid-19-returning-break

If this starts happening to multiple teams, the season is over.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 11:39:17 EDT »

OU's mistake was letting them go home instead of keeping them there in a controlled environment....Riley said yesterday they were all community spread cases and the 75% that stayed on campus during the break were OK.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 12:21:38 EDT »

OU's mistake was letting them go home instead of keeping them there in a controlled environment....Riley said yesterday they were all community spread cases and the 75% that stayed on campus during the break were OK.

Teams definitely need to keep them on campus but what happens when the other students start coming to campus? I don't know if the players can be prevented from coming into contact with them. They probably have to go to class.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 12:41:31 EDT »

Teams definitely need to keep them on campus but what happens when the other students start coming to campus? I don't know if the players can be prevented from coming into contact with them. They probably have to go to class.

When the campus gets full of students it's going to be a cluster. I don't see anyway around it. Several schools around here have already closed down from teachers and students testing positive and they were only in school for a week when announced they were closing. The county were I live the school system was suppose to open in person classes Aug 24th...Last week during teacher in-service they had several teachers test positive...The school system announced Thursday they will not open in person classes it will go remote only for the foreseeable future. 
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 01:14:37 EDT »

When the campus gets full of students it's going to be a cluster. I don't see anyway around it. Several schools around here have already closed down from teachers and students testing positive and they were only in school for a week when announced they were closing. The county were I live the school system was suppose to open in person classes Aug 24th...Last week during teacher in-service they had several teachers test positive...The school system announced Thursday they will not open in person classes it will go remote only for the foreseeable future. 

Agree. I think the majority if not all of the university presidents understand that students on campus will cause outbreaks and they will then need to revert to online learning. The interesting action will be what do the conference leaders do like Sankey if this happens. Will they have the guts to play football with fully quarantine student athletes while normal students are sent home? I don't see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: