VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 10:08:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not our problem anymore  (Read 658 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2022, 10:19:02 EDT »

https://atozsports.com/nashville/watch-former-vols-head-coach-butch-jones-tennessee/

Thank goodness! 😊

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 11:03:22 EDT »

You're like all of my Twitter followers who like and retweet Wes Rucker's stuff. Because of those knuckleheads I am subjected to Rucker's lecturing about how I should feel and act about UT sports. And because of you I'm subjected to reminders that a dumbass like Butch Jones is still getting paid millions by someone to make asinine statements under the guise of coaching football. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 07:21:12 EDT »

I still cant' believe I am ACTUALLY excited for football season to start.  This just might be one of the L O N G E S T Summer's in recent memory.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 08:39:51 EDT »

You're like all of my Twitter followers who like and retweet Wes Rucker's stuff. Because of those knuckleheads I am subjected to Rucker's lecturing about how I should feel and act about UT sports. And because of you I'm subjected to reminders that a dumbass like Butch Jones is still getting paid millions by someone to make asinine statements under the guise of coaching football. 

If it makes you feel any better, his salary at Ark State is a tad under $1 million a year.   

https://www.kait8.com/2020/12/14/details-emerging-butch-jones-contract-arkansas-state/

$825K per year.  Still way too much!  But a big cut from the $4.1M he made at the end of his Tennessee tenure.

that's an 80% cut...hardly the sign of a person being successful in their career 

the best part is that (I'm too lazy to look it up), at the start of last season Butch compared his time at UA to halftime of a football game.  And we all know how bad he was at halftime adjustments.     What a horrible example for him to pick, and at 2-10, looks like its still true! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: