VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 06:36:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoops recruiting is going very well  (Read 1755 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:05:32 EST »

1 - We have 5 star PG Josiah James coming in next year as a freshman. He will join 4 star DJ Burns who is redshirting this year, as a freshman
2 - Seven Footer - 5 star Walker Kessler is visiting UT next week - most think UT has the lead. Yes, he is related to Alec and Chad Kessler from '80s UGA teams. Good news is that he could reclassify to 2019, which would be great because he could immediately step in for Kyle Alexander
3 - High 4 star guard Jayden Stone is visiting for the UK game and has a lot of interest. He is a 2020 guy
4 - High 4 star Jalen Cone (a small, quick point guard) has interest in the Vols. Also a 2020 guy
5 - 5 star guard Jaden Springer from IMG academy is very interested in UT, and most say UT leads. He is a 2020 guy
6 - 2019 commitment Drew Pember - local guy who can flat out shoot. He is long (6'9) and a very good athlete.
7 - 2020 high 4 star guard Keon Johnson - UT leads

UT basketball may be turning into a powerhouse.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 10:04:23 EST »

Thanks for the update Nut. This warms my heart. We really need Kessler.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:35:40 EST »

1 - We have 5 star PG Josiah James coming in next year as a freshman. He will join 4 star DJ Burns who is redshirting this year, as a freshman
2 - Seven Footer - 5 star Walker Kessler is visiting UT next week - most think UT has the lead. Yes, he is related to Alec and Chad Kessler from '80s UGA teams. Good news is that he could reclassify to 2019, which would be great because he could immediately step in for Kyle Alexander
3 - High 4 star guard Jayden Stone is visiting for the UK game and has a lot of interest. He is a 2020 guy
4 - High 4 star Jalen Cone (a small, quick point guard) has interest in the Vols. Also a 2020 guy
5 - 5 star guard Jaden Springer from IMG academy is very interested in UT, and most say UT leads. He is a 2020 guy
6 - 2019 commitment Drew Pember - local guy who can flat out shoot. He is long (6'9) and a very good athlete.

I've always thought they were a sleeping giant. The key will be who they hire after Barnes because he flat out has it going right now! There are a lot of old geezer coaches. I could see him going another 10 years   
10EC
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 12:28:02 EST »

This is great.... but I don't know if you can ever create this kinda team again...  The fact that none of them were highly rated and worked their asses off to be who they are is tough to pass along to highly ranked kids.

Not being negative.... I just think it will be different....

Bottom line, keep enjoying this year and this team!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 04:02:36 EST »

This is great.... but I don't know if you can ever create this kinda team again...  The fact that none of them were highly rated and worked their asses off to be who they are is tough to pass along to highly ranked kids.

Not being negative.... I just think it will be different....

Bottom line, keep enjoying this year and this team!!!

Truth is this type of team is rare. A team made up of guys that were all underrated and developed over time. Most of the time you will get a mediocre team - but these guys had talent that needed development.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: