VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 06:47:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dooley: Bray is "not close"  (Read 3911 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2011, 05:58:47 EST »

Per Austin Ward.

Apparently he can't take a snap from center so they worked shotgun and pistol.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:21:15 EST »

A quarterback who can't take a snap from center and a center who can't snap in the shotgun.

That should be an interesting combination.

(Yeah, I realize our snapping has improved tremendously but raise your hand if you'd be surprised if we fumble the ball away on our first snap. No hands? Didn't think so.  )
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:21:39 EST »

We can't run anyway.......what difference does it make.    
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:02:00 EST »

Per Austin Ward.

Apparently he can't take a snap from center so they worked shotgun and pistol.

It confuses me a bit that he can't take a snap but can grip the ball well enough to throw it effectively. Does the snap put pressure on the thumb in a manner fundamentally different than gripping the ball to throw it?

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 07:13:55 EST »

It confuses me a bit that he can't take a snap but can grip the ball well enough to throw it effectively. Does the snap put pressure on the thumb in a manner fundamentally different than gripping the ball to throw it?

I think it is repeated impact of the snap more than the grip.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 07:19:24 EST »

We can't run anyway.......what difference does it make.    

We couldn't run when we had Tyler before and we were better than we were without him.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 07:19:40 EST »

I think it is repeated impact of the snap more than the grip.

I think so too.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 07:21:09 EST »

I have a bad feeling that this Saturday will be a fitting end to the season.  Yes, I know there's still one game to go after this weekend.  :-/
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 07:47:02 EST »

I have a bad feeling that this Saturday will be a fitting end to the season.  Yes, I know there's still one game to go after this weekend.  :-/

Same.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 07:54:45 EST »

Same.

This really is shaping up to be an epic contest for this season and maybe even the future.  I hope the team is up for it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 08:34:22 EST »

This really is shaping up to be an epic contest for this season and maybe even the future.  I hope the team is up for it.

I don't think this team is up for anything. This team is just going through the motions right now, much like Fulmer's '08 team.

Hard to believe it's just been 9 weeks since UT crushed Cincinnati.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: