VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:17:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Through sequence one on AC-R  (Read 6455 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2011, 03:58:29 EST »

So far, pretty good. Just getting to Constantinople.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 04:08:37 EST »

Constantinople.

Istanbul.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 04:09:30 EST »

So far, pretty good. Just getting to Constantinople.

I'm installing it now.  Don't know how far I'll get tonight, but hope to at least get through a couple missions.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 04:10:52 EST »

Istanbul.

Ha!

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 04:13:02 EST »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZfR33-m_tQ&amp;feature=related" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/VZfR33-m_tQ&amp;feature=related</a>

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 04:19:13 EST »

Have you tried the zipline thingie yet?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 04:29:18 EST »

Have you tried the zipline thingie yet?

Yes. Cool.

Den defense... Hmmm... Not sure yet.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 04:30:57 EST »

Secondary weapon function is a great upgrade.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 04:49:03 EST »

Finished sequence 2. It flows well.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 05:07:58 EST »

Some great climbing in this one. Istanbul / constantinople has a completely different feel.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 05:29:32 EST »

Two hours in and 12% synced... Thats enough for the first night. I like it. It's different while being the same.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 02:09:09 EST »

Two hours in and 12% synced.

I'll probably pick it up today. CObh is having a girls' night.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 06:19:43 EST »

I just sent some thoughts on the game via email to Incredi so I thought I would C&P some of it here:

Basically around the city the Assassins have dens and the templars have dens. You can capture the templar dens for your own... this is similar to the Borgia towers in AC-B because you can then upgrade different shops in the territory of the den. This contributes to your revenue stream where you can accumulate more money.

Den defense comes in because once you have dens the templars will attack them and try to recapture. You set up different types of assassins and barriers / defenses to stop them. Where I can see it being irritating is that you don't really set them up beforehand... you have to go to the den when it is being attacked and deploy your assets and stay there during the attack. If you don't, you lose the den. It would be way cooler if they did it like Age of Empires where you could set up your defenses and leave them there. I've only done one of these so far and it was a forced one where it was linearly part of the campaign missions, so I'm not exactly sure how it will weave into the gameplay.

The only thing I hated about AC-B is that you gain all this sweet armor, weapons, and abilities in AC2 only to lose it all in the first scene of AC-B. Then you have to spend a few hours getting it all back. In AC-R they did something similar where you lose one of your blades and your armor is damaged, but you gain the weapons and abilities back much quicker. The hook blade is a major upgrade to the game in the moves you can do in combat along with the ziplining and climbing advantages. They also fixed something that has always bothered me which is the secondary weapon functions. Before you could switch quickly between three weapons (four if you didn't want to have medicine handy) but sometimes it was difficult to go from a combat weapon to a ranged weapon and back when the situation required it. Now you basically equip two weapons at all times, sort of like a shooter game... you can equip a combat weapon (like a sword or the hidden blade) and a secondary weapon (like the gun or a bomb) and use one button for each without having to switch. That's a pretty nice change.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 07:15:42 EST »

I'm going to pick up another game soon. COD MW3 includes a pretty good campaign (one of the best in the franchise, IMO) but the multiplayer — which IMO is COD's biggest allure — is a big step back from Black Ops. Soooo....I need another game to keep me busy when cold weather sets in. I like what I hear about AC-R but honestly I didn't finish AC II or AC-B. In fact, I hardly even got started with AC-B. BDV's reviews of Skyrim intrigued me, but I'm not sure I can get past the whole plot in that one.

Choices, choices...
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 07:24:51 EST »

I'm going to pick up another game soon. COD MW3 includes a pretty good campaign (one of the best in the franchise, IMO) but the multiplayer — which IMO is COD's biggest allure — is a big step back from Black Ops. Soooo....I need another game to keep me busy when cold weather sets in. I like what I hear about AC-R but honestly I didn't finish AC II or AC-B. In fact, I hardly even got started with AC-B. BDV's reviews of Skyrim intrigued me, but I'm not sure I can get past the whole plot in that one.

Choices, choices...

If you never finished the last two, you probably wont' finish this one.

Skyrim is massive and will require commitment to finish.

Battlefield 3 is supposed to have great mutliplayer.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 07:37:24 EST »

Having played BF3 for 3 weeks now, I've yet to have the desire to touch campaign.  The way you rank up and unlock new weapons and accessories keeps me coming back for more multiplayer.

The dustructibility of the envirinment is so much fun.  The other day me and a teammate were pinned down by enemy fire.  I was able to determine the fire was coming from the 3rd floor of a building across the street.  My teammate went down and I looked down to see he had been playing as engineer.  So I grabbed his kit and launched an RPG across the way and watched as the entire facade of the building exploded and collapsed.  I got a multiple kill bonus.  :-)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 07:56:08 EST »

Choices, choices...

Sounds like you want a game that you can just pick up and play at your leisure, something that doesn't require any commitment.  Do you like driving games?  Because I just got Forza 4, and it's widely regarded as the best driving game ever.  It looks and sounds incredible, and the selection of cars is huge.  Great game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: