VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 11:17:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lsu, bama and Arkansas  (Read 3481 times)
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:10:47 EST »

1, 2 and 3.  And we had to play them all.  A friend at work asked me at the start of the season how the Vols would do this year.  I told him that we should be a better team but we may have a worse record than last year because of who we had to play.  Given the injuries we had, I have to say that I stand by my statement.  If we can finish strong this year, then next year we may be a pretty decent team.  Regardless, the schedule can't be any tougher so I am a little optimistic.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:02:15 EST »

We will get Missouri to replace Arkansas.  Out-of-conference is not rough.  We could end up playing NC State back-to-back games.  SEC is going to have to go to nine game schedule to balance out division play out less than 12 year cycle between playing.  Yes, the schedule does look less intimidating since LSU and Arkansas will be off our schedule.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:08:27 EST »

It would suck for Arkansas to maybe finish 11-1 and be in either the Outback Bowl,Micron PC Bowl or The Cotton Bowl

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:22:13 EST »

It would suck for Arkansas to maybe finish 11-1 and be in either the Outback Bowl,Micron PC Bowl or The Cotton Bowl

If they go 11-1 that means they will beat LSU... Then LSU will be the ones left out of the BCS if Bama wins out. Bama and Arkansas would go to the BCS in that case.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 07:26:10 EST »

If they go 11-1 that means they will beat LSU... Then LSU will be the ones left out of the BCS if Bama wins out. Bama and Arkansas would go to the BCS in that case.

A guy on 790 the Zone in Atlanta said LSU would go to the BCSCG even if they lost to Arkansas or Georgia(but not both)

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 07:31:12 EST »

A guy on 790 the Zone in Atlanta said LSU would go to the BCSCG even if they lost to Arkansas or Georgia(but not both)

Only if Alabama stays above Arkansas in the BCS standings if Arky beats LSU. If Arky beats LSU and Bama beats Auburn, it will come down to head to head between the two teams who are ranked highest in the BCS UT of the 11-1 teams to see who is going to ATL. That team will have the inside track to the BCSNCG.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 07:34:35 EST »

I would actually find that quite humorous, and a fitting destination for their slimy POS coach.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 07:36:08 EST »

I would actually find that quite humorous, and a fitting destination for their slimy POS coach.

I've hated that b*stard since He screwed over the Falcons!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: