VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 03:06:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The curse continues  (Read 4957 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2012, 04:42:16 EDT »

We just went from possibly 9 wins to no more than 7 if DR doesn't play this year

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 04:45:40 EDT »

I don't think one player makes a 2 game difference, but I had my doubts about 9 anyway.

I don't care about the suspension, I still expect 9 wins.

Also the thing that worries me the most about this is that this HC, OC, and team has not dealt with adversity well and here we are with adversity before the season even starts.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 04:47:15 EDT »

Also the thing that worries me the most about this is that this HC, OC, and team has not dealt with adversity well and here we are with adversity before the season even starts.

Bingo.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 04:50:47 EDT »

There's a line of reasoning-- one that makes a lot of sense-- that says this suspension is not from anything he's done recently, and that the coaching staff (and some/all players?) knew this was coming and just held off making it public. If true it would mean that this isn't really sudden adversity and that camp has been geared toward surviving a game or two without 21.

That's pure speculation, but I hope it's right. That would mean it's related to his previous time in the doghouse and is not something new. It would also mean he'd be back.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 04:54:40 EDT »

I think it could make a two game difference if you figure he could be worth a TD in a couple of key games. That having been said eight wins should still be very doable and nine should not be out of the question.

And yeah, I'd be surprised if this just happened. The fact it coincides with the release of the depth chart can't be coincidental. My guess is Dooley didn't want to deal with the questions during fall camp and waited until the last possible minute (more or less) to make it public.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 06:47:41 EDT »

We just went from possibly 9 wins to no more than 7 if DR doesn't play this year

I'm thinking 6-6 now,I think Tennessee will be looking for a new Coach after this season. Personally if that happened,I think I'd want Bobby Petrino. He would have have Tennessee in a BCS Bowl in 3-4 years

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 06:51:53 EDT »

The good news is IF the coaching staff is good they can still win 8 or 9 games. If we can run 9 wins is very doable. If we can only throw I stick by my thought (others have stated the same) that Da'Rick may be the difference in 2 games.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 07:05:38 EDT »

I'm thinking 6-6 now,I think Tennessee will be looking for a new Coach after this season. Personally if that happened,I think I'd want Bobby Petrino. He would have have Tennessee in a BCS Bowl in 3-4 years

wouldn't help to have that kind of turnover ... again.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 07:44:35 EDT »

Yeah, the beat goes on.     Wow, very little to no breaks for this team for 4-5 years running now. 

It's early, and I am always an optimist, but if I had to point to one player I'd rather not lose, Rogers is right up there with Bray.

At least we have some quality depth there.  Corderelle, this is your big chance to shine!

Even before reading this thread, I just had a gut feel that this was planned in advance by Dooley, and I agree that it seems likely.  What I don't have a feel for at all is, if so, if it was planned by Dooley,  whether Da'Rick knew it was coming or not.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 01:53:59 EDT »

If we hire Bobby "I never met a woman I would not screw" Petrino I would have to become a GATOR fan and root that UT falls on its ass for the next twenty years and I ahve been a UT fan for longer than most of the people on this board have been alive except for midtn and OldVol and Pirate......

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

10EC
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 02:14:41 EDT »

Yeah, the beat goes on.     Wow, very little to no breaks for this team for 4-5 years running now. 

It's early, and I am always an optimist, but if I had to point to one player I'd rather not lose, Rogers is right up there with Bray.

At least we have some quality depth there.  Corderelle, this is your big chance to shine!

Even before reading this thread, I just had a gut feel that this was planned in advance by Dooley, and I agree that it seems likely.  What I don't have a feel for at all is, if so, if it was planned by Dooley,  whether Da'Rick knew it was coming or not.

Personnally, I think we are still paying for Stoerner's fumble....   
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 04:10:45 EDT »

No bad karma, no bad luck it all lays on our decision makers who are/were inept.

No way this is old news and they just now acted on it and having Rogers at practice. That would be completely stupid as that would just take practice reps away from guys who needed it to replace him. However if that is the case then this staff is completely clueless and should be fired now.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:51:48 EDT by Inspector Vol » Logged
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 04:39:08 EDT »

You gotta love these quotes:

After learning the hard way last season after injuries to both Justin Hunter and Tyler Bray, Tennessee was determined to be able to adjust to any possible situation this year, working on a number of contingency plans over the last eight months. Because of that meticulous preparation, the Vols feel comfortable moving forward without Rogers.

"I would say very minimal [catch-up is needed for the rest of the receivers]," Dooley said. "We have developed and planned, all through since January, for any contingency and I mean that. Whether it was Justin [Hunter], Da'Rick or Tyler Bray, so it is very minimal because the guys have gotten an inordinate amount of reps. Had somebody else, [Cordarrelle Patterson], gotten those reps, then we would have taken some reps from CP in other areas, so they really did the same. Really who it hurts is probably the eighth or ninth guy, not the third guy.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 11:39:00 EDT »

If we hire Bobby "I never met a woman I would not screw" Petrino I would have to become a GATOR fan and root that UT falls on its ass for the next twenty years and I ahve been a UT fan for longer than most of the people on this board have been alive except for midtn and OldVol and Pirate......

I couldn't see you rooting for those Gators

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: