VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 10:26:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is what a good portion of college football thinks about the shape of  (Read 3693 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2017, 06:40:30 EDT »

Vol football. I cut and pasted this from a rivals board. Sucks it has gotten this bad.

LOL @ Gruden being the HC. He doesn't GAS about recruiting and would be just another in a long line of coaches cashing utjr checks long after he is gone. Nobody wants this job, it's a career killer. I pity all cfb fans having to endure more utjr fan predictions of championships to come with the next hire. For now, we can just enjoy the festering cyst eruption of what is utjr football.

volsboyinsodak
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:20:52 EDT »

Vol football. I cut and pasted this from a rivals board. Sucks it has gotten this bad.

LOL @ Gruden being the HC. He doesn't GAS about recruiting and would be just another in a long line of coaches cashing utjr checks long after he is gone. Nobody wants this job, it's a career killer. I pity all cfb fans having to endure more utjr fan predictions of championships to come with the next hire. For now, we can just enjoy the festering cyst eruption of what is utjr football.

Did not know Gruden was going to TEXAS!!!!   

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 02:45:38 EDT »

That had to come from a bammer board.  And here's a few things.  Number one.  He aint' coming.  Number 2.  He doesn't like recruiting?  GMAFB!  He loves talking to the players, does it all the time.  He would be one of the best recruiters in history IMO.  Number 3...he clearly cares about winning and doesn't need to cash any checks.   

That's one of the stupidest fizzleing things I've ever seen posted on a message board, but thanks for posting it! 

And again...what Vol fan posts anything that refers to his supposed favorite team as "the festering cyst eruption"????    If we were in the military and I was an officer in charge of you, I'd have you court-martialed for giving comfort to the enemy, and if possible, shot.  But at least drummed out of the corps.

For chrisakes,  at least try and act like you actually GAS about Tennessee. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 04:36:00 EDT »

That had to come from a bammer board.  And here's a few things.  Number one.  He aint' coming.  Number 2.  He doesn't like recruiting?  GMAFB!  He loves talking to the players, does it all the time.  He would be one of the best recruiters in history IMO.  Number 3...he clearly cares about winning and doesn't need to cash any checks.   

That's one of the stupidest fizzleing things I've ever seen posted on a message board, but thanks for posting it! 

And again...what Vol fan posts anything that refers to his supposed favorite team as "the festering cyst eruption"????    If we were in the military and I was an officer in charge of you, I'd have you court-martialed for giving comfort to the enemy, and if possible, shot.  But at least drummed out of the corps.

For chrisakes,  at least try and act like you actually GAS about Tennessee. 
It came from the rivals soundoff board. Just thought it was one reason a top tier coach is a hard sell for Knoxville. Why are you so high and mighty over this? You have been one of the biggest Jones appologists on this board. So who really GAS more about UT. I have been saying he's not the guy for the job the last three years. You've been making excuses to keep him. I think I GAS.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 04:52:40 EDT »

Number one.  He aint' coming. 

What makes you so sure?   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 05:21:48 EDT »

I have been saying he's not the guy for the job the last three years.

And three years ago, you were wrong.  

This program was never going to compete in the SEC unless it got a big upgrade in talent, stopped hemorrhaging money, escaped an all-but-certain NCAA APR purgatory, and rid itself of an aura of apathy and irrelevance .  Jones accomplished all that.  In 2014, Butch Jones was absolutely the right man for this job.  Just because he's now taken us as far as he can doesn't change that.  I can count on one hand (maybe even one finger) the number of coaches who have taken over a program as moribund as we were in 2012 and had them competing for titles in year two.  Stop acting like identifying and hiring a great, generational coach is just a matter of writing a big check.  If it were that easy, every school in America would already have their Nick Saban.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:24:04 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 05:59:06 EDT »

This program was never going to compete in the SEC unless it got a big upgrade in talent, stopped hemorrhaging money, escaped an all-but-certain NCAA APR purgatory, and rid itself of an aura of apathy and irrelevance .  Jones accomplished all that.  In 2014, Butch Jones was absolutely the right man for this job.  Just because he's now taken us as far as he can doesn't change that.  I can count on one hand (maybe even one finger) the number of coaches who have taken over a program as moribund as we were in 2012 and had them competing for titles in year two.  Stop acting like identifying and hiring a great, generational coach is just a matter of writing a big check.  If it were that easy, every school in America would already have their Nick Saban.
x2

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 06:00:47 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 06:03:48 EDT »

It came from the rivals soundoff board. Just thought it was one reason a top tier coach is a hard sell for Knoxville. Why are you so high and mighty over this? You have been one of the biggest Jones appologists on this board. So who really GAS more about UT. I have been saying he's not the guy for the job the last three years. You've been making excuses to keep him. I think I GAS.

I'm not a Jones apologist, I just want what's best for the program. I have been critical of Jones this year.  I would have been more critical last year, but he had an abnormal number of injuries to deal with.

Uninformed fans with unrealistic expectations such as yours are IMO a root cause of our current issues and so yes, I am going to push back very hard on some of the ridiculous things you have said over the years.

But quit distracting by trying to make this about Jones.  I would never re-post the drivel you C&Ped above because it's so hateful and disrespectful of our program, not to mention about the dumbest fizzleing piece of shizzle I've ever seen.  It HAS to be from a bammer.  Their collective IQ is somewhere south of a goat. 

What I'm reaming you for, in case it isn't obvious, is for being a really shizzlety fan.  What "fan' posts hateful drivel from another board, that isn't even well written?  Someone who must be miserable 100% of the time, is all I can think.   

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 09:15:17 EDT »

Its all good Bandit. I have been overly critical of Jones, but I was sure he would prove to be a good hire. He just didn't settle into the job like I thought he would. Which really sucks. Hopefully the talent level keeps improving but it is difficult with a new hire to not take a couple of recruiting cycles to get where they want to be.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: