VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 08:44:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sounds like the Broncos are rebuilding their entire defense  (Read 3651 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2014, 05:39:07 EDT »

They already signed TJ Ward and Aquib Talib (if he had a problem with Welker's "cheap shot", he must gotten over it pretty quickly), and it sounds like they're the favorites to sign Demarcus Ware.

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:31:29 EDT »

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:43:06 EDT »

I think they're ok on the OL.  They had a ton of injuries last year, but still did a pretty good job up until the Super Bowl.

It looks like they're going to lose Eric Decker, but he's replaceable.  I mean, after the Colts lost Marvin Harrison, Peyton made Pro Bowlers out of Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon, for God's sake.

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:02:55 EDT »

what I saw in the SB and if they hope to win a SB that OL (the one that played in the SB) is going to need an overhaul....the Seahawks D just went through them like a hot knife through butter. That was the most dominant I've seen one team over another in a SB and I attributed it to Denver's weak line play. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 07:07:10 EDT »

They hired former Vol OL coach James Cregg as their OL coach.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 11:24:48 EDT »

Ware is a nice addition to the D as well!
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 12:20:08 EDT »

They already signed TJ Ward and Aquib Talib (if he had a problem with Welker's "cheap shot", he must gotten over it pretty quickly), and it sounds like they're the favorites to sign Demarcus Ware.

It's amazing how some high school players are just considered also-rans then develop into future high draft picks like Demarcus Ware. He was teammates at Auburn High School in Alabama with Osi Umenyiora, and their best offers were from Troy State, which both attended. Ware ended being a first round pick, while Umenyiora was drafted in the 2nd round.  

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 04:08:52 EDT »

It's amazing how some high school players are just considered also-rans then develop into future high draft picks like Demarcus Ware. He was teammates at Auburn High School in Alabama with Osi Umenyiora, and their best offers were from Troy State, which both attended. Ware ended being a first round pick, while Umenyiora was drafted in the 2nd round.  

BG

Just goes to show how inexact a science recruiting is

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 07:18:34 EDT »

Just goes to show how inexact a science recruiting is

I hate to admit it, but while at Auburn Pat Dye was really great at evaluating players. He often came up with guys hardly anyone knew about. Andrey Bruce and Tommy Agee are two that came to mind. Dye was great at projecting what they would be in the future after getting them on a S&C program and coaching them up.

BG
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:20:53 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 09:33:02 EDT »

I hate to admit it, but while at Auburn Pat Dye was really great at evaluating players. He often came up with guys hardly anyone knew about. Andrey Bruce and Tommy Agee are two that came to mind. Dye was great at projecting what they would be in the future after getting them on a S&C program and coaching them up.

BG

When Chief (Chavis) was DC and Dan Brooks was DL coach, we seemed to find DL's that were not so highly regarded that just shocked everyone.  A great example is Mahelona, a big Hawiian guy that emerged against....um, who was it?  Oh yeah..Alabama.   

But yeah, I guess either Chief or Brooks was pretty good at talent evaluation and/or development because our DL from about 2004 to the end of their tenure exceeded expectations just about every year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: