VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 05:44:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That was the first I've watched Duke for an extended period this year...  (Read 1200 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2014, 08:40:29 EDT »

How did they even do as well as they did playing that brand of basketball?  All they do is jack up 3's- it's like they have 5 Marshall Hendersons on the floor (without the douchiness).  They've been one of the more physical teams in the country for a few years, but not anymore.  I guess they're finally all out of Plumlees?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 11:52:32 EDT »

That they were seeded 3rd over Louisville is a huge freaking joke...and evidence of bias by the committee chair - the AD of Wake Forest - IMO.

Pitino made some angry comments that he ended by saying "though, I am sure that the committee has integrity and honesty".  I believe he was being sarcastic without being really obvious that he was.  Just MO, lol.

The thing is, I can't stand Pitino.  One of the things he was also complaining about was that Manhattan should have been seeded higher.  The coach at Manhattan used to be his ballboy when he was with the Knicks.  The thought of Pitino losing to his former ballboy is one I really like...

The thing is, he almost DID lose.  Manhattan was up 3 with 4 minutes left.  The look on Pitino's face was priceless.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: