VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 07:02:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This was our worst defensive effort in a long time...  (Read 1761 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2014, 02:25:49 EDT »

They were over 50% for most of the game, and only dropped below at the end when they were jacking up 3's on every possession.  We made up for it because we shot pretty well ourselves, we were money from the stripe, we took card of the ball, and we got every board.  In short, Mercer wasn't capable of making us pay, but our next opponent is.

I think we match up well with Michigan, but we're going to have to defend much better than we did tonight.  They'll shoot us out of the gym if we don't.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 02:35:04 EDT »

second half. I think the defense was good first half, but we seemed to relax a little...but give Mercer credit they kept hitting shots and kept it within 12 until the end.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 02:41:26 EDT »

They were over 50% for most of the game, and only dropped below at the end when they were jacking up 3's on every possession.  We made up for it because we shot pretty well ourselves, we were money from the stripe, we took card of the ball, and we got every board.  In short, Mercer wasn't capable of making us pay, but our next opponent is.

I think we match up well with Michigan, but we're going to have to defend much better than we did tonight.  They'll shoot us out of the gym if we don't.

I don't think it was a bad defensive effort. They hit more jumpshots than any team we've seen this season.

you have to give it to Mercer . . . down by double digits nearly the entire game, but they kept coming and kept coming and kept coming. We really had to play well to maintain that lead.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: