VTTW Board Index
May 24, 2024, 04:01:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NV: James Best aka Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane has passed away  (Read 2888 times)
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2015, 05:51:41 EDT »

I grew up watching "The Dukes of Hazzard." It wasn't until I was older that he was the "misunderstood" guitar player on "The Andy Griffith Show," among other roles. Shoot, I still find myself saying "Goo goo goo" every now and then. He was 88. Sorry to hear the news.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:20:09 EDT »

I was the other way around....I never watched the DOH very much but love him as Brisco Darling on Andy Griffith Show.

I was watching a movie a few weeks back and he was in it....couldn't have been over 25.

RIP
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 07:12:12 EDT »

Wrong guy.  Denver Pyle was Briscoe Darling.  James Best played guitarist Jim Lindsey, who Andy finagled into a job with the Bobby Fleet Band.  In a later episode, he was on the outs with Bobby Fleet and Andy smooths it over and they all lived happily everafter. 

I was the other way around....I never watched the DOH very much but love him as Brisco Darling on Andy Griffith Show.

I was watching a movie a few weeks back and he was in it....couldn't have been over 25.

RIP

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 04:28:42 EDT »

Wrong guy.  Denver Pyle was Briscoe Darling.  James Best played guitarist Jim Lindsey, who Andy finagled into a job with the Bobby Fleet Band.  In a later episode, he was on the outs with Bobby Fleet and Andy smooths it over and they all lived happily everafter. 

You are correct...I jumped the gun. Jim Lindsey played the guitar and was on 2 episodes IIRC. Didn't Denver Pyle play on Dukes of Hazzard too?
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 05:26:55 EDT »

I also remember James Best was in three episodes on The Twilight Zone in successive years I think. He was in a lot of movies and TV shows. A better actor than he got credit for because he was not a Star.
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 06:31:16 EDT »

I also remember James Best was in three episodes on The Twilight Zone in successive years I think. He was in a lot of movies and TV shows. A better actor than he got credit for because he was not a Star.

He also played a hired gun in an episode of The Rifleman. I have to admit it was strange seeing him playing a bad guy, but he played it well. He was indeed a fine actor that did not get the credit he probably should have.
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 06:34:29 EDT »

You are correct...I jumped the gun. Jim Lindsey played the guitar and was on 2 episodes IIRC. Didn't Denver Pyle play on Dukes of Hazzard too?

Yes. Denver Pyle played Uncle Jesse. Now that I think about it, the way those two played off each other was really good acting (although Roscoe and Boss Hogg playing off each other was some of the funniest stuff on TV, although that, too, doesn't get a lot of credit).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: