VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 12:31:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm still puzzled at how dysfunctional the Gators offense looked against  (Read 1244 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:47:20 EDT »

a Michigan D that returned only one starter. Please tell me we should be able to stop the Gator offense. How does horseface not have more talent than that on offense? Or is it coaching issues as well?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:13:01 EDT »

a Michigan D that returned only one starter. Please tell me we should be able to stop the Gator offense. How does horseface not have more talent than that on offense? Or is it coaching issues as well?

Two things.  Harbaugh is one of the best coaches around. I  think he has the potential to join Urban and Satan at the top.  And, according to the radio play by play guys Saturday (I was driving to Knoxville during that game), his DC, Don Brown, is the best in college football. They mentioned the fact that Michigan replaced 10(!) defensive starters but had come up with a weird 3x3 DL formation that was confusing the gators early in the game.  Additionally, I saw the SEC Network special last night where they follow a team all week, and this week it was Florida.  They showed a lot of the behind the scenes during the practice week, and a couple of the UF staff offensive coaches seem to be knuckleheads.  By which I mean, they just sounded really dumb, literally.  They would say something, and it would sound either really stupid or cliched or both.  Example...one of them started off a film session by spouting "Now is the present that leads to the future so be present now for  a better future".  Then repeated two different versions of the same dam thing.  You could see the players faces while he was talking. Ever see a husband look at his wife while she is saying something really dumb? (By which I mean, obviously he thinks it's stupid but is trying to keep a straight face so he can get laid sometime that week.   ) That's how they looked!

In short, the result Saturday was mostly coaching IMO.  Horse face might have been a good OC back in the day, but IMO he can't hire staff for shizzle.

I will add no. 2, which I think is less of a factor, which is lack of talent + bad luck at the critical QB position.  PED boy really screwed them over a couple years ago.  Now, I think this Felipe Frank guy that started Saturday is supposed to be talented, and he may grow into it, but I really think QB struggles are a distant second to coaching.  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:28:24 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: