VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 12:12:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our FPI chances against Florida up  (Read 1347 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:50:05 EDT »

The ESPN Football Power Index now gives us a 43% chance to beat Florida.  Preseason it was 37%.  I guess their loss hurt them more than our narrow escape. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=2633&year=2017

I know it's just stats, but in the past it's been as good a predictor as any.  I like the way it looks this week as it has both uga and UF as basically coin tosses.  If we split those two games, it's a good season almost for sure. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 04:08:06 EDT »

I'm not sure our offense can score on their defense. I just wish I was as confident that their offense can't score on our defense. Florida's offense is putrid, but our defense may be as bad if the GaTech game is any indication. Sadly, we could shut out IndSt and not learn anything about our D because the Sycamores are that bad. OTOH, if IndSt manages to put up numbers against us... 

There should be no reason we can't go to The Swamp and feel comfortable about our chances of winning, given the level of sucktitude that Florida offense is displaying. If we turn it into a career day for anyone on the Gator O, we should pull an Alabama and leave Bob Shoop on the tarmac in Gainesville.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: