VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 05:16:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I like this family...  (Read 6716 times)
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:42:41 EST »

You gotta love this family. I like this guy already.......Butch and Barb are raising some nice lookin kids!

http://twitter.com/Vol_Photos/status/277096392764317697/photo/1
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:44:41 EST »

Seems like a nice Guy,Has a great family

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:50:20 EST »

I've cooled off since this morning, calmed down a bit.  Seeing pics of the guy and his family, and knowing how excited and full of wonder they must be... I can't help but feel good for the guy.  And it makes me ashamed of how the UT fan base is behaving (I have to point at myself here, I didn't go online and trash the guy or anything but I was pretty upset.)

Welcome to Knoxville, Coach Jones!  Prove the doubters wrong!  
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 06:52:21 EST »

Welcome to Knoxville, Coach Jones!  Prove the doubters wrong!   

THIS.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 06:52:31 EST »

I've cooled off since this morning, calmed down a bit.  Seeing pics of the guy and his family, and knowing how excited and full of wonder they must be... I can't help but feel good for the guy.  And it makes me ashamed of how the UT fan base is behaving (I have to point at myself here, I didn't go online and trash the guy or anything but I was pretty upset.)

The rest of the good guys will come around to where you are. None of us will be very patient . . . but I can't see the current attitude holding once people start missing football season.

The piece of shizzle UT fans who will not even give the guy a chance . . . well they can go to hell anyway.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 06:54:47 EST »

The piece of shizzle UT fans who will not even give the guy a chance . . . well they can go to hell anyway.

It would be great if they just found someone else to cheer for.   

If only...!  They would be a great fit for bammer.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 06:55:08 EST »

I like her style!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 06:57:29 EST »

Nice post.   It will be interesting to see whether he has the personality to get the fans fired up between now and spring practice.  Obviously it will come down to wins in the long run, but he has a great opportunity to get the fans onboard if he has the "right stuff" to get out there and do it.  If he can get fans over their current overall discontent and can draw a big crowd for the Orange and White Game, it would certainly be a good start. 
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 06:58:43 EST »

I like her style!

Yup, love that orange scarf.
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 06:58:50 EST »

Nice post.   It will be interesting to see whether he has the personality to get the fans fired up between now and spring practice.  Obviously it will come down to wins in the long run, but he has a great opportunity to get the fans onboard if he has the "right stuff" to get out there and do it.  If he can get fans over their current overall discontent and can draw a big crowd for the Orange and White Game, it would certainly be a good start. 

Hmm, I may have to look into going to the O & W game for a first time in a while.  
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 06:59:40 EST »

Hmm, I may have to look into going to the O & W game for a first time in a while.  

I will also! It will be interesting to see Tennessee running the spread

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 06:59:53 EST »

Oh I am happy for him.... I hope he does great at UT! However, I am skeptical

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 07:01:35 EST »

Skeptical is a healthy place to be, and it's waaaaay better than negativity. "Skeptical" describes my view of UT football since about 2005 but it's never stopped me from supporting the program. It'll take a lot to bump me off of skeptical.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 07:03:22 EST »

I'm curious, would you have been as skeptical of Strong?  I see nothing to suggest Strong would be better than Jones, although perhaps the previous SEC ties are meaningful, and the money difference and order of offers means Hart saw something too.  I just don't see it. 
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 07:07:27 EST »

Felt the same exact way.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 07:12:21 EST »

I'm curious, would you have been as skeptical of Strong?  I see nothing to suggest Strong would be better than Jones, although perhaps the previous SEC ties are meaningful, and the money difference and order of offers means Hart saw something too.  I just don't see it. 

The mood would be a lot worse,IMO,if Tennessee had hired Kirby Smart

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 07:25:25 EST »

The mood would be a lot worse,IMO,if Tennessee had hired Kirby Smart

Meh.  I would have barely followed them.  Tuned into games, some nominal interest in posting/reading blogs, but I would mostly have found other things to do.

We DO NOT accept bammer leftovers at UT, and never should have.   

fizzle Kirby Smart, saban, the tide and their degenerate inbred fanbase.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 07:28:42 EST »

I've cooled off since this morning, calmed down a bit.  Seeing pics of the guy and his family, and knowing how excited and full of wonder they must be... I can't help but feel good for the guy.  And it makes me ashamed of how the UT fan base is behaving (I have to point at myself here, I didn't go online and trash the guy or anything but I was pretty upset.)

Welcome to Knoxville, Coach Jones!  Prove the doubters wrong!   

This sums up my take on the new coach as well.  I feel bad for being so negative towards the hire. I hope he can do good things here. 
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 08:33:14 EST »

Meh.  I would have barely followed them.  Tuned into games, some nominal interest in posting/reading blogs, but I would mostly have found other things to do.
We DO NOT accept bammer leftovers at UT, and never should have.   
fizzle Kirby Smart, saban, the tide and their degenerate inbred fanbase.   

Alright, gettin back to some great anti bammer talk.....love it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: