VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 01:13:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh that Tee smile!!!  (Read 4163 times)
VOLveeta
« on: December 10, 2012, 09:47:51 EST »

I'm excited y'all!!!

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:57 EST »

I'm excited y'all!!!

Naturally there is a lot involved in a decision like this . . . he may see USC as a better opportunity, the family might like LA, etc. . . . but he must realize where the fans would put him if he came back to coach here. He'll have something at UT he could never have if he elects to stay at USC.

He'll also have the opportunity to improve some WR that aren't expected to do that much rather than trot out 3-4 5* WRs that don't need great coaching. If he's serious about moving up that could be a real feather in his cap. Of course it would be even better if he came here and brought in 3-4 5* WRs that don't need great coaching. 

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 09:58:02 EST »

Naturally there is a lot involved in a decision like this . . . he may see USC as a better opportunity, the family might like LA, etc. . . . but he must realize where the fans would put him if he came back to coach here. He'll have something at UT he could never have if he elects to stay at USC.

He'll also have the opportunity to improve some WR that aren't expected to do that much rather than trot out 3-4 5* WRs that don't need great coaching. If he's serious about moving up that could be a real feather in his cap. Of course it would be even better if he came here and brought in 3-4 5* WRs that don't need great coaching. 

His wife is an R&B singer so that worries me a little.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 10:00:19 EST »

His wife is an R&B singer so that worries me a little.

Nashville is less than 3 hours away if she wants top-level production. Tee's first two jobs weren't close to the music industry, so I would think that isn't a huge concern.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 10:14:57 EST »

Nashville is less than 3 hours away if she wants top-level production. Tee's first two jobs weren't close to the music industry, so I would think that isn't a huge concern.
Then all road blocks are cleared 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 11:00:59 EST »

I'm getting more and more enthusiastic!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 11:02:14 EST »

How did USC's WRs perform this year compared to last? I'm of the opinion that Kiffin hired him for one reason only, and that was to kick UT's fans in the gut. (That and to try to land Ramsey.) Tee's coaching resume at UK was not great, to say the least.

I'm hoping he is hired because that single hire will do quite a bit to reunite the fanbase and I think he has the potential to be a good recruiter for UT. The thoughts of having a staff of former UT players and a bunch of TN players on our team who grew up watching the Vols play makes me a little giddy. But I actually think Hinshaw was a better coach when it comes down to actual coaching, based on what we've seen from both at this point in their careers.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 11:35:31 EST »

How did USC's WRs perform this year compared to last? I'm of the opinion that Kiffin hired him for one reason only, and that was to kick UT's fans in the gut. (That and to try to land Ramsey.) Tee's coaching resume at UK was not great, to say the least.

I'm hoping he is hired because that single hire will do quite a bit to reunite the fanbase and I think he has the potential to be a good recruiter for UT. The thoughts of having a staff of former UT players and a bunch of TN players on our team who grew up watching the Vols play makes me a little giddy. But I actually think Hinshaw was a better coach when it comes down to actual coaching, based on what we've seen from both at this point in their careers.

Well, if one assumes that Tee was actually coaching the receivers, and I have no reason to doubt that, the USC receivers had a great season.  Marqise Lee won the 2012 Biletnikoff Award as the nation’s outstanding college football receiver, and his teammate Robert Woods was on the 2012 Biletnikoff Award Watch List.  What that means for Tee's coaching abilities is anyone's guess.
10EC
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 12:13:32 EST »

Well, if one assumes that Tee was actually coaching the receivers, and I have no reason to doubt that, the USC receivers had a great season.  Marqise Lee won the 2012 Biletnikoff Award as the nation’s outstanding college football receiver, and his teammate Robert Woods was on the 2012 Biletnikoff Award Watch List.  What that means for Tee's coaching abilities is anyone's guess.

It's so good to have you back.....
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 12:44:46 EST »

Come on home now Tee!!  Where you belong!

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 01:36:20 EST »

I just saw that Tee is going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...to think about the offer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: