VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 01:35:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like Nick Satan is looking at the Cleveland Browns job  (Read 8434 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:08:39 EST »

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-georgia-sports/2012/12/11/report-cleveland-browns-lure-saban-back-to-nfl/?cxntfid=blogs_atl     I hope He goes!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:27:42 EST »

If he's gonna coach a few more years then retire, it only makes sense for him to rake in as much dough as he can before he retires. Saban has a huge ego as well, and feels that under the right circumstances he could win big in the league. This may be his opportunity. Wouldn't that be great!
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 08:27:53 EST »

Isn't gonna happen, but I would love to see it simply for the entertainment value. The state of Alabama would melt.  
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 08:28:37 EST »

If he's gonna coach a few more years then retire, it only makes sense for him to rake in as much dough as he can before he retires. Saban has a huge ego as well, and feels that under the right circumstances he could win big in the league. This may be his opportunity. Wouldn't that be great!

I wonder if UT can grab a few Alabama recruits,if Nick Satan leaves?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 08:34:31 EST »

This was a topic of discussion amongst the bammers last night. 

The prevailing line was "I will take three" (MNCs).  Which I find hilarious since he doesn't actually have three yet.

And also "Kirby Smart will step right up.  Probably why he hasn't taken another job".  At which.....

As if saban isn't the real power behind the D...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 08:43:29 EST »

And also "Kirby Smart will step right up.  Probably why he hasn't taken another job".  At which.....

Actually, there's a lot of truth to that. If reports are accurate, Smart denied the opportunity to interview at two SEC schools this year. He isn't going anywhere unless it is a really, really good job, and there's a reason for that. (See Will Muschamp.)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 08:46:00 EST »

Actually, there's a lot of truth to that. If reports are accurate, Smart denied the opportunity to interview at two SEC schools this year. He isn't going anywhere unless it is a really, really good job, and there's a reason for that. (See Will Muschamp.)

Smart could be the next Ray Perkins

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 08:57:46 EST »

Smart could be the next Ray Perkins

LOL. Good one!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 08:59:51 EST »

LOL. Good one!

Get a shower of bricks through His office window for having three losses

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 09:01:25 EST »

Gruden to Bama   
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 09:06:14 EST »

Gruden to Bama   

Too bad Junior Samples from Hee Haw isn't alive,He would be perfect for the job!

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 10:16:16 EST »

I am certainly having fun with this 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 11:08:08 EST »

It may well be that Kirby is sticking around to take over from saban, although a bammer fan who is one of the more reasonable one's I know has suggested he would be better off going to a mid major than straight to the SEC, which would seem to be the opposite of what you are suggesting.

That Smart would be a good candidate to take over from saban is not in debate.

That bammer would not miss a beat going from saban to Smart...that I find laughable.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 12:37:01 EST »

It may well be that Kirby is sticking around to take over from saban, although a bammer fan who is one of the more reasonable one's I know has suggested he would be better off going to a mid major than straight to the SEC, which would seem to be the opposite of what you are suggesting.

That Smart would be a good candidate to take over from saban is not in debate.

That bammer would not miss a beat going from saban to Smart...that I find laughable.   

I have no clue whether Mal Moore would even look his way. If I have a brand like the Bama brand and I'm Mal Moore, I'm going to go out and hire a superstar to replace Saban. Of course, the flip side of the coin is what better way to replace someone who made you the most dominant program in CFB than with someone who was groomed by that person? Either way, I guarantee you that the possibility of the Bama job in the next 4-5 years is factoring into Smart's career moves right now.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 03:55:28 EST »

I have no clue whether Mal Moore would even look his way. If I have a brand like the Bama brand and I'm Mal Moore, I'm going to go out and hire a superstar to replace Saban. Of course, the flip side of the coin is what better way to replace someone who made you the most dominant program in CFB than with someone who was groomed by that person? Either way, I guarantee you that the possibility of the Bama job in the next 4-5 years is factoring into Smart's career moves right now.

I have no doubt that it is.  Solich didn't do so hot at Nebraska though, so....speaking of which, Nebraska did win 3/4 from 94-97.   Bama isn't there yet, and I really do hope they don't get there. 

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 03:44:01 EST »

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really like Sabens ability. He's a greatcoach who knows how to motivate people. LIsten, the man himself said that you really can't enjoy the wins so much at Bama for obviouse reasons. 15-17 at Miami is better than they have had before he was there and since he's been gone.He had the Phins headed in the right direction. And you're right, ifhe leaves, the Bama nation would implode with venom.
Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 04:31:26 EST »

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really like Sabens ability. He's a greatcoach who knows how to motivate people. LIsten, the man himself said that you really can't enjoy the wins so much at Bama for obviouse reasons. 15-17 at Miami is better than they have had before he was there and since he's been gone.He had the Phins headed in the right direction. And you're right, ifhe leaves, the Bama nation would implode with venom.

Careful. That will get you labeled a Bama fan. Right Bandit? 
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 06:09:43 EST »

Will never happen.  Makes for rival blog fodder though, that's for sure 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 06:15:46 EST »

Whistling past the Graveyard?

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 07:58:20 EST »

Never say never.

"I will not be the next coach for the Cleveland Browns"   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 01:27:33 EST »

Careful. That will get you labeled a Bama fan. Right Bandit? 

No, it really wouldn't.   It's one thing to say you think he's a good coach.  Even I admit that. 

It's another thing to say you like and admire him.  I don't understand that, because he seems like one of the biggest a-holes I have ever seen, but still, even LIKING the guy doesn't make you a bammer fan.

Ahem...saying that since Tennessee is down you have been living vicariously through their program.  Yeah...might as well be a bammer.   

But I am paraphrasing...I think the exact words were closer to "I enjoy seeing his teams play and I usually root for them".   Maybe not exactly what you said, but close enough!  Or did I get it wrong?

If I wasn't so lazy I would click hundreds of times to the exact words, lol.

Creek Walker
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 01:31:59 EST »

Ahem...saying that since Tennessee is down you have been living vicariously through their program.  Yeah...might as well be a bammer.   

But I am paraphrasing...I think the exact words were closer to "I enjoy seeing his teams play and I usually root for them".   

I've never said that I usually root for Alabama and certainly have never said that I live vicariously through Bammer. I do enjoy watching Saban's teams play. Regardless of what you think of his personality there are a lot of college coaches who could learn a lot from him.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 01:36:41 EST »

I've never said that I usually root for Alabama and certainly have never said that I live vicariously through Bammer. I do enjoy watching Saban's teams play. Regardless of what you think of his personality there are a lot of college coaches who could learn a lot from him.

No, you definitely haven't said you live vicariously through them, just maybe gave that impression.

Saying you enjoy watching his teams play is what I can't relate to.  I want them to never score a point, let alone win.  Thus it pains me to watch them win.

I suppose you are saying you enjoy watching teams that play well.  I can do that, just not with bammer.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: