VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 09:44:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good read on the team's chances in the SECE  (Read 1643 times)
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2015, 07:40:52 EDT »

Opinions?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/the-case-for-and-against-tennessee-winning-the-sec-east-070815?=_mid=283631&_rid=283631.16707.87&cmpid=emc:fscom:cfb_volunteers
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 04:45:47 EDT »

Pretty standard stuff there. 

If I'm Butch Jones, winning the East is absolutely my goal for this season.  And I'm communicating that to the team daily.  You always want to set your goals high.  But as fans, that should not be our expectation.  UGA is the obvious favorite, we have to go to UF and Mizzou, and, past two years aside, you NEVER take a win over Spurrier for granted.  CAN we win all those games?  Yep.  But if we drop one or two of them, it's not the end of the world.  We're still on schedule.  If we win 8 or more games but don't get to Atlanta, and some people are calling for Butch's head (and they will), that will be crazy talk. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 06:52:00 EDT »

We are a year away.  If we flame out next season, there will be tremendous pressure on Butch.  We should be one of the favorites, if not the favorite to win the East and our expectations should be in the 10-2/11-1 range and be met.  If we don't win the East next year, it should be by a close loss to the really good team that does win it.  Nothing else is acceptable.

This year I am happy just to be in the mix.  Those were my expectations when Butch was hired, so IMO he is on track so far. 

It might be okay to expect big things in the third seasons for a normal transition such as if Butch had taken over in 2009 instead of Kiffin.  But given how beaten down we were, I think 4th season is about right. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: