VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 07:04:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok geeks....  (Read 5251 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2014, 02:27:07 EDT »

Galaxy S5 Or HTC One (m8)?

I have a S3 now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 04:08:22 EDT »

http://www.stuff.tv/android/samsung-galaxy-s5-vs-htc-one-m8-vs-sony-xperia-z2/feature
Here's a decent article on them and two others.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 06:30:30 EDT »

I love my S5.  I considered the HTC and was told it was faster by the IT guy at work.  However I love the huge screen and my S5 is still much faster than my old phone.

Overall my S5 is just a huge improvement over my old Razr Max across the board.  It weighs less, but is faster and has a bigger screen and the battery lasts much longer.  My Razr Max was getting slower by the day...which was probably deliberate by Verizon.

I think you would be very happy with the S5, but the HTC is supposed to be good also.  It depends what you want....I don't know if the HTC screen is as large or how it's battery does, but it is supposed to be a bit faster. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 06:39:30 EDT »

I love my S5.  I considered the HTC and was told it was faster by the IT guy at work.  However I love the huge screen and my S5 is still much faster than my old phone.

Overall my S5 is just a huge improvement over my old Razr Max across the board.  It weighs less, but is faster and has a bigger screen and the battery lasts much longer.  My Razr Max was getting slower by the day...which was probably deliberate by Verizon.

I think you would be very happy with the S5, but the HTC is supposed to be good also.  It depends what you want....I don't know if the HTC screen is as large or how it's battery does, but it is supposed to be a bit faster. 

If the camera isn't very important to you, the M8 is a no brainer.  In every other area, it's the best phone out there.  But the camera is very disappointing.  And HTC knows it, too- they're already coming out with newer models that have dropped the "ultrapixel" camera found in the M8.

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:00:43 EDT »

Will likely go with the S5 -- because of the camera issue.      I love my S3 and it's time for an upgrade, so was waffling on the S5 after reading about the HTC ---- the lady said Samsung still has a lot of bloatware, but has removed a lot of it on the S5 too.   

Thanks for the input!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 07:03:16 EDT »

Will likely go with the S5 -- because of the camera issue.      I love my S3 and it's time for an upgrade, so was waffling on the S5 after reading about the HTC ---- the lady said Samsung still has a lot of bloatware, but has removed a lot of it on the S5 too.   

Thanks for the input!

BDV helped me with the bloatware.  You can install a "launcher app" that is very good at removing all the crap you don't want.  The launcher app I use is "Apex".  You will like your S5.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 07:10:23 EDT »

I really like my G3, but I'm already looking forward to my next phone.  The newest Snapdragon 805 processor is supposed to make a HUGE difference in battery life.  It's in a  couple tablets now and has yet to make it to a phone, but it's coming soon (I think the upcoming Galaxy Note is going to have it, and several more before year's end).  By the time I'm ready to upgrade again in two years, maybe we'll have gotten back to the good old pre-smartphone days, when you only had to charge your phone maybe once a week.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 10:52:44 EDT »

Carla likes her new iPhone 6

No new phone for me, het

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 02:39:59 EDT »

Wish me luck....I am moving Dean from a flip phone to a smart phone....the S5 actually has a Beginner mode!   Think I'll go with the same phone for him and start him out in the beginner mode for a few days!  Ha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 02:12:05 EDT »

Granny I gave up my flip phone this week.   But it was the apple 5c the day before the 6 came out.  I haven't turned it on yet except to check to see if the battery was charged.     Going to the Apple store in Knoxville tomorrow to get instructions.  Margie did take one picture with it, and was great.

Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 03:27:48 EDT »

I tried, but was unsuccessful, in upgrading my cell phone camera.  Any help would be appreciated.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 03:36:11 EDT »

I tried, but was unsuccessful, in upgrading my cell phone camera.  Any help would be appreciated.

So moving from glass negatives to a Polaroid has paid big dividends?

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: