VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 08:29:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UF game will be a noon kickoff**  (Read 5514 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2014, 06:04:44 EDT »

nm
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 06:11:19 EDT »

I just saw that too.  How is South Carolina at UK a better night game than UT/UF?  Also, ESPN is only carrying one sec game at night that week...who else plays that week?  Ole Miss/Bama I get for the CBS game.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 06:21:29 EDT »

I'm sure UF/UT doesn't carry the same allure to everyone else that it did 15 years ago.  We're down, and so is Florida.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:44:45 EDT »

I'm sure UF/UT doesn't carry the same allure to everyone else that it did 15 years ago.  We're down, and so is Florida.   

It's still better than USC jr and KENTUCKY though 

MSU fans are complaining that the Tamu MSU game is a noon kickoff.  I think ESPN is deliberately putting some of the better games there....it's likely a better slot than it used to be.

I haven't seen a whole lot of multiple night SEC games this year.  I believe they are moving away from that.  Likely they want the bigger numbers they get from a single SEC game.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 07:13:02 EDT »

That sucks. I like that for us on the road, but at home ... not so much

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 07:21:48 EDT »

If this is our future with the SEC Network, I am in favor of ditching it completely. I can understand our lesser games being noon games...I expect that. And it doesn't bother me to have one big game at noon. But two of our biggest games of the year at noon, back-to-back weeks? That really bites.

I know some people didn't like how so many of our games were at night after the ESPN contract was put into place, but I much prefer night games to noon games early in the season. Early games are perfect for November...not so much so in September and early October.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 08:51:40 EDT »

A buddy of mine was talking about this earlier.  I didn't really give it much thought but the early time slots use to be Big 10 and ACC time slots.  With those two conferences being awful, the Noon eastern spot needed a kick start.  You want to have viewers all day.  So put UT/UF at Noon to get people to start watching and you basically have viewers all day.  South Carolina and UK at night won't draw much viewers but that is when other big games are going on.  Let's not forget that ESPN now has the SEC Network, ABC, and ESPN to gain viewers from.

As a fan, I don't like the early games but I can understand it from the viewership standpoint.  I didn't expect the CBS time slot due to the UF/UT game being several weeks later than normal this year and Ole Miss/Bama will be two teams in the top 10.  CBS was going to carry that one.  I fully expect CBS to pick up UT/Bama.  I hate early kick-offs from a tailgating standpoint.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 12:46:12 EDT »

Last year, 5 of our 7 home games kicked off at noon.  I had hoped that the SECN would put an end to that, but no dice.  3 home games so far, 2 of them at noon, and the other on a fizzleing Sunday.  And you know that the UTC game will be a nooner.  That's our first three (and probably 4) straight home games, all with shizzlety kickoff times.  The powers that be just don't give a damn about the people who actually go to the games.  Wanna know why attendance is down?  Here's a good place to start.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 01:58:37 EDT »

And you know that the UTC game will be a nooner.

I had a nooner today.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 02:07:54 EDT »

I had a nooner today.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2NUkhMq_iRo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/2NUkhMq_iRo</a>

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 03:07:27 EDT »

Lol, thing is I personally prefer noon games.  I get home with a good portion of my Saturday left to enjoy.  

When we stop sucking so bad, we'll get the prime gametime slots.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:10:24 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 07:42:36 EDT »

What we should do is just declare night games at Neyland a "tradition"- then see if TV will bend to our will, like they do for LSU.  So far this year, they've had their "traditional" night games against LA-Monroe, Sam Houston State, and coming up this Saturday, the mighty Aggies of New Mexico State.  All while better SEC matchups get pushed to crappy noon time slots.

Edit: LSU's coaches and administration have been very vocal about other schools dropping their "traditional" rivalries, so I'm sure they'd be more than willing to give up their "traditional" night games.  You know, for the good of the league.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:59:32 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 08:21:11 EDT »

What we should do is just declare night games at Neyland a "tradition"- then see if TV will bend to our will, like they do for LSU.  So far this year, they've had their "traditional" night games against LA-Monroe, Sam Houston State, and coming up this Saturday, the mighty Aggies of New Mexico State.  All while better SEC matchups get pushed to crappy noon time slots.

Edit: LSU's coaches and administration have been very vocal about other schools dropping their "traditional" rivalries, so I'm sure they'd be more than willing to give up their "traditional" night games.  You know, for the good of the league.

Good and valid point.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 05:45:13 EDT »

Yeah but it's harder for the lsu fans to get liquered up if it's not a night game.  Have a heart man!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 04:49:09 EDT »

I like the early game time.  My Marine grandson and his wife and two boys will be in here.  I get to go tailgate, with the adults.  Go home afterward and play with two of my three Great grandsons.  What could be better?     OK, play with all three of them, but can't have everything.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: