VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 10:22:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter from Pittsburgh tv reporter said West Virginia heading for the SEC  (Read 3684 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2011, 12:13:33 EDT »

What do y'all think?  i put the post where it appeared because I can't get the twitter to come up on this board.    http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1430&tid=163057378&mid=163057378&sid=888&style=2   

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:33:42 EDT »

Why not! I don't think anyone can stop the super conferences!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:36:44 EDT »

Why not! I don't think anyone can stop the super conferences!

It looks like the Big East is History and TCU has to be feeling like Idiots right Now. TCU might be worse off than when they were in the Mountain West.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:13:19 EDT »

I don't think the SEC stops at 14.  I still think the ACC will be active.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 03:36:10 EDT »

Why not TCU to SEC?  I do not think any ACC team will leave now that exit fee is $20 million.  Why not TCU, West Virginia, and maybe Missouri joining SEC?  The Big East is on the verge of disappearing.  I think a 9 game SEC schedule with three OC (one major and two patsies) games is OK. The polls and BCS will not matter because only the winners of the 8 major divisions will qualify for title.  If you are independent or what is now a non-BCS conference, well too bad.

Big East will take the leftovers from Big 12 ( er 10...er 9) when it implodes and will beg Notre Dame to join to keep Big East relevant.  ND will have to see the hand writing on the wall that they will be on the outside looking in if they try to stay independent because there will be no BCS.  If ND still does not joins a conference, it could not happen to happen to a bigger group of egotistical pricks to be told to stuff it and would serve them right.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 04:43:53 EDT »

WVU is a good fit culturally and geographically and they have a very respectable football program.  While they don't bring a huge TV market, they would certainly have a lock on their own home state and might draw some interest from parts of Virginia, Western PA and Eastern OH.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: