VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 01:46:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In at No. 8, highest ranking in 16 years  (Read 566 times)
Creek Walker
« on: September 25, 2022, 08:18:53 EDT »

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 08:29:37 EDT »

How high did we get in 2016 before imploding?
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 08:51:18 EDT »

How high did we get in 2016 before imploding?

Started 9th, dipped after the near disaster against AppySt, then rose back to 9th going into the TAMU game.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 09:16:48 EDT »

2 years ago, things looked as bleak as I can remember.

This is just incredible!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 10:50:31 EDT »

This is just incredible!
The Gump was quite possibly the worst of all our coaching blunders over the past decade and a half.
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 12:30:25 EDT »

This is just incredible!

Pay the man… treat him like no other…. He can coach O…. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 01:41:41 EDT »

The Gump was quite possibly the worst of all our coaching blunders over the past decade and a half.

Dooley was the worst, but Gump a close second.  IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 01:51:33 EDT »

IMO Dooley was a pretty darn good coach....just not a head coach. Poot Gump was just a idiot....and coached like one.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 02:09:18 EDT »

IMO Dooley was a pretty darn good coach....just not a head coach. Poot Gump was just a idiot....and coached like one.

Dooley was a good position coach and average to above average OC.  Whatever else we say about him, the 2012 offense was one of our best all time.

My opinion is based on the records.  Dooley was only 4-19 in the SEC and the wins were 2x Vandy, 1x Kentucky and a 2-10 Ole Miss.  Never had a winning season. Best win was Cincy (with Jones as coach!).  Pruitt at least beat a couple of ranked SEC teams, had a nice win streak and won a bowl game.

But yeah, he was an idjut for sure.  Well, IS an idjut.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 02:18:43 EDT »

Dooley was a good position coach and average to above average OC.  Whatever else we say about him, the 2012 offense was one of our best all time.

My opinion is based on the records.  Dooley was only 4-19 in the SEC and the wins were 2x Vandy, 1x Kentucky and a 2-10 Ole Miss.  Never had a winning season. Best win was Cincy (with Jones as coach!).  Pruitt at least beat a couple of ranked SEC teams, had a nice win streak and won a bowl game.

But yeah, he was an idjut for sure.  Well, IS an idjut.   

At least Dooley had a little integrity. Think about it this way: If Pruitt was our coach in 2012 instead of 2020, and everything else is unchanged, we probably wind up with pretty severe punishment from the NCAA for his violations.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 02:25:02 EDT »

I haven't look at schedules for other top 10 teams, but if we can get through LSU unscathed we could be very highly ranked. Should we be? I don't care at the moment. It's all good publicity.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: