VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 07:54:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There’s a horrible, awful, no good injury rumor going around  (Read 1928 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2022, 07:36:28 EDT »

I won’t even link it here. But it’s out there, if you want your day (or week, or year) ruined.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 07:59:40 EDT »

I assume you are talking about Tillman? Surely not Hooker? I really hate folks doing this. None of us are important in the hierarchy. Just spill the beans. Durn. I'm confident in our WR even without Tillman. It would suck for him if he misses more than a couple weeks. We've got receivers (capable enough I believe that we haven't even seen yet). Now if it is Hooker that would be huge & bad. Big Joe might surprise.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 08:16:32 EDT »

I assume you are talking about Tillman? Surely not Hooker? I really hate folks doing this. None of us are important in the hierarchy. Just spill the beans. Durn. I'm confident in our WR even without Tillman. It would suck for him if he misses more than a couple weeks. We've got receivers (capable enough I believe that we haven't even seen yet). Now if it is Hooker that would be huge & bad. Big Joe might surprise.

Nope, not gonna do it. The apparent source of this rumor has been known to be very, very wrong on stuff like this going back decades (if that’s not a strong hint on where to find the info yourself I don’t know what is). I don’t want to spread what may be a false rumor here, just want folks to be aware.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 08:24:09 EDT »

I won’t even link it here. But it’s out there, if you want your day (or week, or year) ruined.

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 08:27:33 EDT »

This is where I miss the Feels Like 98 board. Those guys were young, but they legitimately had the scoop. 8th Maxim sucks. Volnation is ok, but a bit much at times. I don't pay for Volquest, and won't. I won't even pay for Tapatalk lol. Anyway, I saw on Volnation where somebody said 6-8 weeks for Tillman. That would suck for us, but especially him. We shall see.  
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 08:29:06 EDT »

This is where I miss the Feels Like 98 board. Those guys were young, but they legitimately had the scoop. 8th Maxim sucks. Volnation is ok, but a bit much at times. I don't pay for Volquest, and won't. I won't even pay for Tapatalk lol. Anyway, I saw on Volnation where somebody said 6-8 weeks for Tillman. That would suck for us, but especially him. We shall see.  

The rumor isn't about Tillman

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 08:32:43 EDT »

The rumor isn't about Tillman

So Hooker? Damn!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 08:38:42 EDT »

Simple solution, don't listen to Tony Basilio

Instant stress relief from general stupidity

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 08:41:22 EDT »

Simple solution, don't listen to Tony Basilio

Instant stress relief from general stupidity

Lol! I could envision Hooker having a fractured non throwing clavicle. Hope & pray not! Don't see how he could have finished the game if so.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 08:56:18 EDT »

Lol! I could envision Hooker having a fractured non throwing clavicle. Hope & pray not! Don't see how he could have finished the game if so.
The Iceman threw the winning TD pass in OT against Ark with a broken collar bone

Judging by his play in the 2nd half I doubt he had a serious injury but adrenaline can mask somethings (see Tillman walking off the field pretty damn good after his high ankle sprain)

People that I trust in the media (very few actually) seem to indicate nothing serious

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 09:09:06 EDT »

Agree...would be shocked if it's anything much...Threw too well and hit and run well to be bad, IMO.
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2022, 09:17:27 EDT »

This is Tennessee. Assume the worst is probably true.

And if it is true this time, gonna need someone to talk me off the ledge and tell me why I shouldn't turn in my fan card for good. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2022, 09:36:45 EDT »

This is Tennessee. Assume the worst is probably true.

And if it is true this time, gonna need someone to talk me off the ledge and tell me why I shouldn't turn in my fan card for good. 

Oh come on! We likely are going 10-2 with Hooker. Alabama & Georgia have the ability to bludgeon the O at LOS. Doubt we can outscore either. W/O Hooker LSU & KY then come into question. I agree with that. We made it thru Pitt & UF as fans. We got this 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2022, 09:55:50 EDT »

I had this weird feeling in the middle of the Gator game that Hooker got hurt.  I forget the play, but it was just his body language.  later on in the game he seemed OK, so I thought I was mistaken.....

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2022, 10:11:32 EDT »

If I remember correctly he went into the medical tent twice

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2022, 11:05:34 EDT »

Here comes the "This is Tennessee" moaning.   

Cmon, keep it together!
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 11:48:43 EDT »

There's another possibility about the RB position although I have not heard anything. Two or three years ago the same situation pertaining to the QB happened to crama and it turned out to benefit them. If it happens to us seems a week ago we were talking about how much stronger we seem at the position now. I will NOT be the origin of gossip (rumor; innuendo).
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 11:52:02 EDT »

It occurs to me now that we are also just a little banged up in the secondary and we really need no more woes there. We were also discussing that in another thread.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2022, 03:02:04 EDT »

Not much on VQ other than what’s here. Speculation on TB betting anything from an idiot to a totally connected insider. The one thing I did find interesting was that supposedly Ainge also said that HH would probably not play if we had a game this weekend, but he also said that HH would possibly be ready by LSU.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2022, 04:20:03 EDT »

Not much on VQ other than what’s here. Speculation on TB betting anything from an idiot to a totally connected insider. The one thing I did find interesting was that supposedly Ainge also said that HH would probably not play if we had a game this weekend, but he also said that HH would possibly be ready by LSU.

HH was clearly banged up in the game. The 99 yard drive before half, and the second half performance seem to defy serious injury, but stranger things have happened. I have no doubt he is bruised, sore, and generally banged up. Nary a word on VolNation. I know some don't like that board, and all I do is read... But they have a few in the know type posters. I guess we'll see in two weeks.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2022, 06:29:06 EDT »

Cmon, keep it together!

x2 

And even if true (which it absolutely is not!) dare I say it?  Milton has looked good this year.  Maybe just good enough for the tigeuex 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2022, 07:47:12 EDT »

x2 

And even if true (which it absolutely is not!) dare I say it?  Milton has looked good this year.  Maybe just good enough for the tigeuex 

Ya know,  I've thought the same.   I think Milton would play better than he did starting off last year.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2022, 01:43:22 EDT »

If Milton has to play it serves as a good audition for next year. I think he'd fare better than last season, even if he's not great.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2022, 04:37:17 EDT »

Cmon, keep it together!

Why do I feel targeted? 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2022, 02:45:14 EDT »

Why do I feel targeted? 

After further review… there is no foul for targeting!   

You know I love ya man! 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: