VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 03:03:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good omens?  (Read 1114 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2014, 12:08:42 EDT »

I was not aware or had forgotten that Aaron Craft is the guy that turned Bruce in.  It gives me great joy to link to this pic:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/21/march-madness-goodbye-aaron-craft-hello-harvard-texas

Of Aaron lying on the ground despondent.  I heard an interview of him on ESPN radio this morning on the way to work.

It turns out, he not only took a really stupid shot to lose the game, he also gave up the winning bucket on the play just before that.  I found the quote:

Referred to as the best on-ball defender in college basketball more times than anyone can venture to remember, Craft allowed Dayton reserve Vee Sanford to hit a tough runner in the lane in the final seconds. That play lifted the No. 11-seeded Flyers to the upset of No. 6 OSU in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday.

"It's amazing the way that, you know, defense has kind of been my thing, and it's amazing how it's going to end with a kid getting the game winner on me," Craft said.

Now, you can't tell tone from that, right? So I will tell you...his voice was quavering and he was on the verge of crying. 

This is the guy that ratted out Pearl because he was butt hurt when we beat OSU in the tourney.

Hey Aaron.....

KARMA BITCH!

And I say this in part because this painful loss to end his career coincides with Bruce getting another job.  Not at a place  any of us wanted to see him, but we all love him and it's good to see him get back into coaching, even if it is at Auburn.

And if nothing else, Cuonzo and/or future coaches no longer have the pressure of feeling like Bruce is waiting in the wings.  The school and we fans can move on also.

All that and we have this nice tournament run also. 

Somehow, it feels like that big dark cloud has finally lifted.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: