VTTW Board Index
May 28, 2024, 09:08:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "prize" for the ESPN tourney  (Read 1627 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2014, 07:01:58 EDT »

a. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $10,000. Sponsor will award one (1) grand prize (the "Grand Prize") to a randomly-selected Entrant who is among the top one percent (1%) of eligible point scorers in the Promotion.

Grand Prize Winner (One): $10,000.00 Best Buy gift card (ARV: $10,000.00)
Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received.

b. Random Drawing. The top 1% of entrants, based on overall points, will be entered into a random drawing.  For purposes of determining the top 1%, no tiebreaker will be used.  Instead, a "cutoff score" will be determined that includes at least the top 1% but may also include additional tied Entrants.  The Grand Prize drawing will be held on or around Wednesday, April 9, 2014. Potential Prize Winner will be notified by phone and/or by email within a reasonable time after the Grand Prize drawing, not to exceed thirty (30) days.

It's a DRAWING for one 10,000 Best Buy card from the top 1% of the entries.  There are ~ 11.1 million entries so that means 111,000 or so people are eligible to be in a drawing for ONE 10,000 dollar gift card from Best Buy.

Wow...if I was the top finisher in the contest, I would be PISSED!  

LOL!  In contrast, the Buffet Bracket is giving away 20 $100,000 prizes to the top 20 finishers...no drawing required!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:42:03 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 07:03:14 EDT »

The only thing I like about that is that I currently have two entries in the top 1%.  I have the maximum of 10 entries, in fact, and all of them are in the top 10%, so my odds of being eligible for the drawing are pretty good.

But who cares!  It's a one in 100,000 shot!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: