VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 06:49:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, So....I threw up in my mouth a little bit but then I began to think about it  (Read 7961 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:26:22 EST »

and I threw up in  my mouth again.    However, after recovering I began to think that this is salvagable. If we give him the money to hire a big-time staff (money like Kiffin had to spend), who can recruit like mad, maybe we can get this thing rolling.  I am on board, but if Cheek/Hart dont get us a big-time coach, they better give him enough money to hire a big-time staff!!!

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:27:28 EST »

Who knows,Butch could wind up like Doug Dickey

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 07:28:20 EST »

.  I am on board, but if Cheek/Hart dont get us a big-time coach, they better give him enough money to hire a big-time staff!!!

Agree.  And start by keeping Graham and Pittman and at least trying to get Tee.

Other than that, if he wants to keep the WR/RC and Chaney, I am also fine with that, but also fine with new blood.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 07:29:46 EST »

Who knows,Butch could wind up like Doug Dickey
or the other D.D., Derrick Dooley. 

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 07:30:45 EST »

or the other D.D., Derrick Dooley. 

He can't be as bad as Derek Dummy!

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 07:31:52 EST »

Getting Tee and retaining Graham, Pittman would be good. However, spend some damn money on a DC!!

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 07:35:04 EST »

Getting Tee and retaining Graham, Pittman would be good. However, spend some damn money on a DC!!

Van Gorder,John Tenuta and Jim Leavitt(49'ers LB Coach) are available. Jim Leavitt might be trouble since He was fired at USF for beating up a player and trying to cover it up

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 07:41:03 EST »

I can get behind Van Gorder as DC
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 08:01:02 EST »

I can get behind Van Gorder as DC

Me too.  He was great at uga and IMO had huge disadvantages at AU this year (general team disarray and lame duck HC...hard to motivate kids, and the offense never let the D rest).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 08:10:51 EST »

In reading the Feldman article over at CBS he states that we have committed to giving jones money for a staff in the "top six of the SEC".  Is that good enough?  I am not sure it is.  Like was said below, for me to get on board this train I am gonna HAVE to see a good staff put together.  Would prefer it was orange flavored with Tee and Coach Graham, but it MUST, MUST (MUST!) be heavy on recruiters.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 08:30:00 EST »

In reading the Feldman article over at CBS he states that we have committed to giving jones money for a staff in the "top six of the SEC".  Is that good enough?  I am not sure it is.  Like was said below, for me to get on board this train I am gonna HAVE to see a good staff put together.  Would prefer it was orange flavored with Tee and Coach Graham, but it MUST, MUST (MUST!) be heavy on recruiters.

Yeah, I'd like to see "top 3" at least.   $3M per year is only tied for fourth in the SEC, and I don't think anyone thinks Jones deserves more than that.  He might be a bit overpaid as it is, but I think we wanted to make a statement.

So why not allow more for staff, maybe even try to have the highest paid staff.  It only makes sense....

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 08:44:00 EST »

So why not allow more for staff, maybe even try to have the highest paid staff.  It only makes sense....

We'd need to get into the neighborhood of $4.5M in assistants' salaries to have the highest paid group of assistants, or something like $5.5M to have the highest paid staff overall. I think we can assemble an outstanding staff for much less than that . . . more in the $3.5 range, which is probably exactly where we need to be to be in the top 6 in the SEC. I don't think top 6 is as bad as it may sound.

I suppose it's possible that we shell out more than that but I'm not sure you guarantee yourself that much extra success by doing so.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 08:47:54 EST »

We'd need to get into the neighborhood of $4.5M in assistants' salaries to have the highest paid group of assistants, or something like $5.5M to have the highest paid staff overall. I think we can assemble an outstanding staff for much less than that . . . more in the $3.5 range, which is probably exactly where we need to be to be in the top 6 in the SEC. I don't think top 6 is as bad as it may sound.

I suppose it's possible that we shell out more than that but I'm not sure you guarantee yourself that much extra success by doing so.

Interesting.  Never knew the staffs already made that much.  Top 6 should work.  Money is really not the issue, unless it keeps you from hiring a really good coach.  If we have the 6th highest staff and it's loaded with great coaches, then WGAS.  Good points.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 09:31:21 EST »

Well, he has a $3M budget according to the MOU

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 09:33:56 EST »

Well, he has a $3M budget according to the MOU

Minimum $3M. That virtually guarantees that he's not bringing most of his Cincy staff and will go out to find more experienced assistants, I bet. I'm sure Hart retains approval rights on those hires.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 09:35:06 EST »

I'm sure Hart retains approval rights on those hires.
Which is why our DC this year was named Sunseri instead of Steele

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 09:35:49 EST »

Which is why our DC this year was named Sunseri instead of Steele

It still shocks me how much we paid Sunseri to come and take a shizzle all over our football program.

Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 09:37:40 EST »

It still shocks me how much we paid Sunseri to come and take a shizzle all over our football program.

That's what we get for hiring a Bamar!   
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 09:42:39 EST »

That's what we get for hiring a Bamar!   

What's funny was Saban said He was a great Coach and recommended Him

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 09:48:16 EST »

he was a very good LB coach. Just not beyond that

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 11:14:44 EST »

I think he brings his DC with him.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 11:49:11 EST »

I think he brings his DC with him.

Being on the scene in a big east town, can u give us any insight into the DC? Particularly interested in his ability as a recruiter?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 11:51:31 EST »

Of course he did!  What better way for that asswipe to screw us?   

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 12:21:55 EST »

Very aggressive, lost of tackles for loss, lots of turnovers, not a lot of points.  Did not give up huge plays.  They looked great against high power West Virginia, and looked great until last few minutes against Louisville, but then got a case of Chief mustang and let Louisville back in the game and eventually win in OT.  BUT, Big East is not SEC as we all know.  As far as recruiting, don't know, but as a staff, they apparently have recruited well given it is Big East school in OSU backyard.

Being on the scene in a big east town, can u give us any insight into the DC? Particularly interested in his ability as a recruiter?

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: