VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 02:58:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any early recruiting thoughts? ....  (Read 2774 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:31:19 EST »

Is Butch in on any big-timers? 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:32:40 EST »

He coached at Cincy...so no.

he will have to retain what we have in the class now. He may let some go if they don't fit his scheme.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 07:32:49 EST »

I've heard Butch might be going to see Vonn Bell play! He's going to be a special player,total talent

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 07:41:40 EST »

I've heard Butch might be going to see Vonn Bell play! He's going to be a special player,total talent

I think Bell is going to Bama
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 07:42:13 EST »

Damn!

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 07:43:16 EST »

I only know two people who have significant contact with current UT players, and both relayed the widely held opinion that Dooley was an arrogant prick who nobody in the department liked.  Everything I hear about Butch Jones is that the players love and respect him. Surely that has to give Jones the edge in living rooms.

He'll have a steep learning curve and a lot of work to do up front, but my impression so far is that he will embrace that challenge. My expectation is that he'll keep most of the current players intact and close the deal with more in-state kids who will get the attention from UT they've been waiting for.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 07:45:04 EST »

I only know two people who have significant contact with current UT players, and both relayed the widely held opinion that Dooley was an arrogant prick who nobody in the department liked.  Everything I hear about Butch Jones is that the players love and respect him. Surely that has to give Jones the edge in living rooms.

He'll have a steep learning curve and a lot of work to do up front, but my impression so far is that he will embrace that challenge. My expectation is that he'll keep most of the current players intact and close the deal with more in-state kids who will get the attention from UT they've been waiting for.

Yep,Tennessee has to put more effort in signing the top players in Tennessee

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 07:56:21 EST »

He still lists us in his top three, which is pretty amazing:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1328550-is-alabama-the-best-bet-among-5-star-db-von-bells-final-3-schools

(gasp!)  It's Bleacher Report!  Oh Nooooeeees!   

I am saying we have a shot based on the article someone posted below about Dooley's lack of acumen in recruiting the Chattanooga area.  Bell's HS Coach said Tennessee didn't show an interest until three other SEC schools did, and then it was an assistant and not Dooley.

So I am thinking Jones can make a big splash by going to the game (which if tonight, would be tough, but how impressive would that be?), or if not, maybe he can go to the celebration rally if Bell's team wins.

Couple that with the likely immediate playing time he gets at UT vs. riding the pine at bammer, and you have a winning sales pitch.  IMO.  Great way for Jones to make an immediate splash.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: