VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 10:20:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So...this was bad  (Read 2391 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:44:34 EDT »

Coaches made it worse by putting Gurantano in at the wrong time, IMO

First half was only bad due to key mistakes.  Should have left Dormady in.

Not that optimistic about dawgs now, but lets see how they fare against MSU tonight.  I think they lose, but we will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:03:13 EDT »

Georgia is rolling. Not looking fwd to that game. Not at all.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 03:39:07 EDT »

Georgia is rolling. Not looking fwd to that game. Not at all.

nope

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 03:42:57 EDT »

They will whip our ass.  It is usually a weird game. I could see UT making a late run. Don't see how they win. Frankly I see the wheels coming off this season. I hope I'm wrong.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 03:48:45 EDT »

They will whip our ass.  It is usually a weird game. I could see UT making a late run. Don't see how they win. Frankly I see the wheels coming off this season. I hope I'm wrong.

Hope you are wrong also.  I have gone back and forth on this season.  With all the top players we lost, I figured 7-5 was about right.  Then we survived georgia tech and some of our opponents started stumbling and I gave us an upgrade.  now I am back to 7-5/8-4 even after today. 

Today I am hoping was just one of those games we have every couple years where we struggle against a highly over matched opponent. 

As for Georgia, I think it's possible that MSU's win over LSU last week pumped their cred up a bit too high.  Thus Georgia win at home vs. MSU tonight, while impressive, does not mean Georgia is invincible.  I think we always have a shot at the dawgs in Neyland.

The question is, will the Jones that blew the UF game this year and flirted with losing to an 0-4 team show up, or the one that pulled out all the stops in 2013 vs. Uga?  All signs point to the first guy, unfortunately.

But here is my attempt at optimisim for Uga...MSU was a bit overhyped coming into Sanford, and today was a combo of hangover and a dumb decision to bench Dormady. 

At the end of the day, I just hope the team plays hard and to win next week.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 04:16:12 EDT »

We can't score enough points to beat good teams...Our offense and offensive play calling is as bad as it gets right now. Playing UGA even in the Dooley years I thought we had a punchers chance because we could score points. Not right now.

Our offense has no identity and we don't have a QB that can turn a bad play into a great play like Dobbs. We are very easy to defend right now and our OL couldn't block UMass today. Our OL is very disappointing right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: