VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 04:57:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So..... WTF happened to the LV's ???  (Read 1639 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2020, 05:46:05 EST »

I know it was a tough, tough stretch of the schedule, but we drop 5 in a row and then that vomit fest against a dismal Vandy team.  The gals in pink looked terrible out there on Sunday.  I have not watched them a whole lot this year, but they just looked particularly bad in that last game, and it was if they just didn't want to be out there on the court.  It reminded me of that damn Ga Stat game in the football world of things.  They have a couple of lesser opponents to go before the tourney - hopefully they will wake up and start upping their game.  They will certainly need to be hitting on all cylinders by the time they hit the SECT.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 07:54:29 EST »

Slow...young....not a lot of talent other than a couple of players...not much in the PG department....and post players that right now probably wouldn't start at MTSU. Transfers have hurt a lot and Green getting hurt in the preseason and out for the season has hurt as much as the men losing Turner. Got a looong way to go to even look close to a LV team of the past. And right now recruiting in this next class is way subpar. Other than that everything is great.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 04:45:29 EST »

OMG...do I dare say it? Coaching. Hard to say she's a good coach when most teams improve over the course of a season. But she needs to step up the recruiting. Her rivals sure have been.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 04:49:50 EST »

OMG...do I dare say it? Coaching.

You might as well. You've been saying it on every other thread about her since the day she was hired.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 05:39:54 EST »

You might as well. You've been saying it on every other thread about her since the day she was hired.
So you see a well coached team when you watch them. Same with the men. You play 27 games, there should be some improvement. No matter how much you are rebuilding. I don't see it. Don't see how you can either.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 08:56:17 EST »

So you see a well coached team when you watch them. Same with the men. You play 27 games, there should be some improvement. No matter how much you are rebuilding. I don't see it. Don't see how you can either.

What I'd like to see is your boss hold you to the same "high standard" (re: riduclously unrealistic expectations) you spout off about .  You would be out on your ass in a week, tops. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 09:14:00 EST »

What I'd like to see is your boss hold you to the same "high standard" (re: riduclously unrealistic expectations) you spout off about .  You would be out on your ass in a week, tops.  

So you don't hold them to high standards? Why are you mad if I just point out neither team has improved terribly. Most do after almost a whole season. If not coaching, then why aren't they improving? Given Barnes salary, i don't expect the Vols to miss the NCAA Tourney too many more times after this year. I'm not a Barnes hater. Those Vols fans that are calling for him to be fired are crazy. He was a good hire but when he connived the raise he got, he put himself into another level of expectations.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:03:53 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: