VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 11:52:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTW, headed to OKC/Norman Wednesday  (Read 1767 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2014, 05:04:42 EDT »

Got a trip to Cattlemen's on the agenda (any place the "Duke" has been to has to be a good place to eat) and a Tripple D place (I try to visit one of Guy's places when I go to a new town) and checking out the Cowboy Museum (the OKC (bombing) museum is closed this week for "enhancements").  Of course a trip, or two to the Bricktown area is on the agenda as well.

For those keeping score at home, it is only a 30 minute drive from Will Rogers to the stadium in Norman.  Hopefully the interwebs access in Norman is more like our 2nd game than the first.  With 20K less people one would hope so.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:14:47 EDT »

Going early eh?  I was going to go Wed night and stop off at Tunica on the way, but now Thursday night or Friday morning are looking better.

I did do some interesting site seeing in LA just two weeks ago.  I landed at LAX around 3:30 pm and my google map routed me through some surface roads en route to Pasadena.

On the way I stopped at the intersection of Normandie and Florence...the site the Rodney King riots began in the 90s.  Right as that mess in Ferguson was going on.....   I was driving like my grandmother...if someone wanted to cut me off, hey that was fine, no problem.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 06:53:30 EDT »

Oklahoma in September? 

Nah.  Won't be hot at all, will it?   

I talked to a couple of UT buddies who are former Army who refuse to go because it is too close to Fort Sill for their liking.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:04:09 EDT »

Oklahoma in September? 

Nah.  Won't be hot at all, will it?   

I talked to a couple of UT buddies who are former Army who refuse to go because it is too close to Fort Sill for their liking.   
Game time temp will be around 70, not bad at all
It is true that parts of OKC used to be in Wichita Falls ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: