VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 06:39:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UT vs. A&M postponed to December 12..............  (Read 2319 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2020, 10:13:48 EST »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/covid-19-tennessee-volunteers-texas-am-aggies-sec-football-postponed/?fbclid=IwAR0KUNVAuU8QSHDLAjOtScZCz32QS8iSSQMcY37G6KZe4CARPba8gzR1Tgk
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 10:21:42 EST »

Good!
Pruitt needs another open date to refine the 2nd half collapses into a true DISASTER!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 10:33:57 EST »

I've got covid currently and was kind of thankful I didn't have to go see it... kind of disappointed I'll have to see it now.   
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 11:09:34 EST »

Maybe Bailey will be up to speed by then...
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 11:12:32 EST »

Maybe Bailey will be up to speed by then...
Not with JG getting 90%+ of the snaps ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 12:24:40 EST »

I've got covid currently and was kind of thankful I didn't have to go see it... kind of disappointed I'll have to see it now.   

You've got it now? How are you doing?
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 12:43:19 EST »

Be interesting in seeing what teams do with these makeup games.....I see some not playing if they are below .500. Some guy was on ESPN this afternoon and he predicted that teams will have players opting our more and more going forward if their teams are out of the mix.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 01:49:20 EST »

You've got it now? How are you doing?

Doing well, thanks.  My wife started feeling flu-like symptoms around Oct 30 and got tested on the 31st, at which point we started self quarantine.  All 3 boys got sick over the next few days and tested positive on the 3rd, then I started feeling the same symptoms around that time and got my positive test this past Saturday, the 7th. 

The worst we experienced was fever, coughing, aches, congestion so while it's been obviously uncomfortable... nothing terrible.  Actually the true worst part has been the loss of smell and taste... just not really enjoying any meal.  It's so bizarre not being able to taste.  And who knows when that comes back... for some it's several weeks.  She went down a google rabbit hole one night and was convinced we may never get it back, lol.

The odd part is how much more isolated we have been compared to the rest of my friends and family.  My wife's a stay at home Mom and I've been fortunate enough to be able to work from home since March.  We're homebodies anyway so literally the only places we go are church and taking the kids to and from school.  And we're the ones who get it!  She had a friend come visit for just a few brief minutes a several weeks ago who later tested positive, that's the only thing we can figure.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 02:26:39 EST »

Doing well, thanks.  My wife started feeling flu-like symptoms around Oct 30 and got tested on the 31st, at which point we started self quarantine.  All 3 boys got sick over the next few days and tested positive on the 3rd, then I started feeling the same symptoms around that time and got my positive test this past Saturday, the 7th. 

The worst we experienced was fever, coughing, aches, congestion so while it's been obviously uncomfortable... nothing terrible.  Actually the true worst part has been the loss of smell and taste... just not really enjoying any meal.  It's so bizarre not being able to taste.  And who knows when that comes back... for some it's several weeks.  She went down a google rabbit hole one night and was convinced we may never get it back, lol.

The odd part is how much more isolated we have been compared to the rest of my friends and family.  My wife's a stay at home Mom and I've been fortunate enough to be able to work from home since March.  We're homebodies anyway so literally the only places we go are church and taking the kids to and from school.  And we're the ones who get it!  She had a friend come visit for just a few brief minutes a several weeks ago who later tested positive, that's the only thing we can figure.

Saying here the current spike is kids bringing it home from school has a lot to do with it......I will say when schools here started back pretty much full time in early Oct the cases starting rising.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 04:44:11 EST »

Saying here the current spike is kids bringing it home from school has a lot to do with it......I will say when schools here started back pretty much full time in early Oct the cases starting rising.

Yeah, makes sense.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2020, 06:46:04 EST »

Glad you are feeling better dude!  Hope you get your sense of taste back, that's got to suck.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2020, 07:10:15 EST »

Curious experiment for you.  Could you tell the difference between a ghost pepper and a bell pepper right now?  I’ll pay if you try... 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2020, 09:49:56 EST »

Vinnie - I hope you feel better and make a full recovery.  A question on the smell thing - was it a complete loss of smell or dulling of the sense or was it the domination of just one type of bland smell and nothing else?  I was sick this spring for a long time and my sense of smell seemed screwy.  I could still smell, but everything kinda smelled the same - some weird kinda bland slightly chemical smell.  I guess it may have been related to Ketosis, and not Covid.  I tested negative for Covid - both the regular and anti body test.  Anyway, I hope the family recovers alright.

As for Pruitt - got your ass and the team back in summer camp mode while you have the chance.  treat each second like it was an ounce of gold!!!!!!!

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2020, 10:07:35 EST »

Get better soon, Vinnie.  Glad you guys seem to be battling it in a positive way. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2020, 11:08:19 EST »

Curious experiment for you.  Could you tell the difference between a ghost pepper and a bell pepper right now?  I’ll pay if you try... 

Not quite that extreme but I did over do it on some wasabi last week... it did clear out my sinuses for a bit.   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 11:11:30 EST »

Vinnie - I hope you feel better and make a full recovery.  A question on the smell thing - was it a complete loss of smell or dulling of the sense or was it the domination of just one type of bland smell and nothing else?  I was sick this spring for a long time and my sense of smell seemed screwy.  I could still smell, but everything kinda smelled the same - some weird kinda bland slightly chemical smell.  I guess it may have been related to Ketosis, and not Covid.  I tested negative for Covid - both the regular and anti body test.  Anyway, I hope the family recovers alright.

As for Pruitt - got your ass and the team back in summer camp mode while you have the chance.  treat each second like it was an ounce of gold!!!!!!!

My sense of taste left me before my sense of smell, wheras my wife's smell left her (yay, I don't have to shower! jk) but she can still kind of taste things.

I noticed it one day when I made myself a morning coffee one morning and it was like I was drinking hot water. Zero taste.  At that point I could still smell a little bit, like if I forced my nose into a scented candle I could barely smell it.  But from there my sense of smell just got more and more dull
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 11:55:47 EST »

My sense of taste left me before my sense of smell, wheras my wife's smell left her (yay, I don't have to shower! jk) but she can still kind of taste things.

I noticed it one day when I made myself a morning coffee one morning and it was like I was drinking hot water. Zero taste.  At that point I could still smell a little bit, like if I forced my nose into a scented candle I could barely smell it.  But from there my sense of smell just got more and more dull

Holy shizzle, the smell of coffee is half the reason I drink it.  That's gotta suck.

Look at the bright side though, you may lose some weight.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: