VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 01:00:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clay Travis is starting to win me over  (Read 6782 times)
Creek Walker
« on: March 01, 2016, 05:47:14 EST »

He's still a douchebag, but he has a fairly large audience and isn't afraid to speak the truth that many other sports journalists refuse to acknowledge.

His latest:

Clay Travis @claytravis
Since everybody is all worked up about campus crime "culture" I had a wild idea: why not share campus crime stats? https://public.tableau.com/profile/publish/CampusCrimeLargeColleges/Dashboard1#!/publish-confirm

That led Charlie Burris to astutely observe:

Charlie Burris @Charlie_Burris
Interesting. Tennessee had 19 sexual assaults on campus between 2011 and 2013. Harvard had 87.

That doesn't mean Tennessee isn't guilty, but sometimes a healthy dose of perspective is warranted, and we aren't getting much of it from the MSM on this matter.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 06:05:56 EST »

When I open the site nothing is there?
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:55:57 EST »

When I open the site nothing is there?
The tail end wasn't/can't be hyperlinked, so you will have to C&P it......

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 03:09:00 EST »

That's a great stat.  I wonder which of those institutions on that list are among the 95 being sued?

Having said that, UT is being accused of not responding properly to those involving athletes, not of having a large number of incidents.  Whatever the facts are, the optics are ugly so I agree with many of you that a settlement makes sense.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 05:12:35 EST »

That's a great stat.  I wonder which of those institutions on that list are among the 95 being sued?

Having said that, UT is being accused of not responding properly to those involving athletes, not of having a large number of incidents.  Whatever the facts are, the optics are ugly so I agree with many of you that a settlement makes sense.

That's true. However, the perception that has been created by the lawsuit is that there is a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases at UT. The perception is created by the lawsuit's claim that UT has created an environment that is unsafe for women and is fueled by the mainstream media, which is not interested in portraying a complete picture, so the stats are relevant.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 05:53:18 EST »

When in actuality, the number is almost disproportionately low.  Some of these are truly shocking.

That's true. However, the perception that has been created by the lawsuit is that there is a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases at UT. The perception is created by the lawsuit's claim that UT has created an environment that is unsafe for women and is fueled by the mainstream media, which is not interested in portraying a complete picture, so the stats are relevant.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 05:54:17 EST »

Amazing what Travis has been able to see since he pulled his head out of James Franklin's ass. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 09:36:12 EST »

Honestly, Clay is one of the best in the business when he's not trying to be a shock jock. 

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 10:08:34 EST »

I don't understand the knee jerk reactions in any instance, not just because this involves my team but all instances and not just sports....people are all too ready to ruin lives over allegations alone. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 10:21:20 EST »

I don't understand the knee jerk reactions in any instance, not just because this involves my team but all instances and not just sports....people are all too ready to ruin lives over allegations alone. 

As I've said before, the internet and social media are the worst things to ever happen to sports. And many other areas of life.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 02:52:00 EST »

I don't know why you even bother.  There's not a more hypocritical CFB forum anywhere.  For example, they're so anti- "victim shaming" NOW, but I don't recall hearing a peep when this happened:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1532187/victim-in-the-treon-harris-case-drops-charges-after-attorneys-smear-campaign/

Gee, that almost sounds like something that would invite a Title IX lawsuit, amiright? 

Don't worry- they'll likely find themselves in the same boat we're in before too long.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 04:12:34 EST »

good points

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 04:14:54 EST »

I don't know why you even bother.  There's not a more hypocritical CFB forum anywhere.  For example, they're so anti- "victim shaming" NOW, but I don't recall hearing a peep when this happened:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1532187/victim-in-the-treon-harris-case-drops-charges-after-attorneys-smear-campaign/

Gee, that almost sounds like something that would invite a Title IX lawsuit, amiright? 

Don't worry- they'll likely find themselves in the same boat we're in before too long.   

top 1 % of 1% of douche bag attorneys 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 09:11:22 EST »

top 1 % of 1% of douche bag attorneys 

Down at the Harvard of Alachua County, that's simply called "providing a vigorous defense".

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: