VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 07:48:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watching the LV's and at the end of the half I saw the worst call ever.  (Read 3302 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:34:20 EST »

KY girl is driving, UT girls sets to take charge.....they call foul on UT. Simple right? Nope here is where it gets incompetent. The girl was not shoorting but passing......they call the foul and the girl she passed to gets the shot up before the buzzer and they give KY the basket and a shot at the 1 & 1 on the same play.

How the heck do you make that call?!        I thought the play stopped on the foul?
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:07:56 EST »

They can rule that the foul occurred after the ball left the shooter's hands, count the shot and award free throws. I wasn't watching, but that happens occasionally.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:12:17 EST »

That isn't what happened though.

Don't know that I have ever saw that play before. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:42:15 EST »

The worst I've ever seen was during a men's game a few years ago , when they called offsetting block and charge fouls on the SAME PLAY.  How is that even possible? 

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:43:29 EST »

They can rule that the foul occurred after the ball left the shooter's hands, count the shot and award free throws. I wasn't watching, but that happens occasionally.

The foul was before the shooter had the ball in her hands.  Basically the Kentucky player should have been called for a charge.  THe UT player was planted in the middle of the lane and the KY player ran her over and passed the ball at the same time.  The shooter then shot the ball (according to the refs) with 0.1 seconds on the clock.  Which was total BS the shot was not up until the lights came on behind the backboard.  Although the KY player missed the front end of the 1 and 1 it was the third foul on Graves of UT.  I watched some of that game and the officiating was HORRIBLE. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 04:25:44 EST »

I got a better one for you....the second foul called on Graves was just as bad.  Graves was driven to the basket and the KY girl hit her on the arm going in for the shot.  Graves didn't touch the Ky girl and the Ky girl never acted like she got charged into.  The refs blew the whistle and everyone expected the foul to be called on the Ky girl, but nope...it was called on Graves....who never touched the Ky defender.

With that said, we played absolutely horrible...refs didn't help much because they allowed Ky to slap and push.  We had 31 turnovers...you aren't going to win many games with that many turnovers.  With that said, I hope they see KY again in the SEC Tournament.  I have a feeling it will be alot different.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 04:53:10 EST »

I saw that one too. It stunned the announcers as well.

We aren't going to win a title and maybe not even the SECC, but these girls have had an excessive amount of injuries to overcome too.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 07:52:39 EST »

I saw that one too. It stunned the announcers as well.

We aren't going to win a title and maybe not even the SECC, but these girls have had an excessive amount of injuries to overcome too.

We have already won the SECC.  Do you mean the tourney???

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 08:46:09 EST »

SECT and NCAA's is what I was referring to. I know they won the regular season title.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: