VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 12:34:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your theories on the Vols slow starts in games this season? I know it's  (Read 1420 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2016, 04:06:01 EDT »

not intentional or planned by any means. It just seems some teams have this tendency. Or like last year get the lead and then try to hang on. It doesn't matter just so there's a W at the end of the day. I would love to see them take the opening couple of drives to the house in a few games. A lot easier on the blood pressure. I'm not sure there is any definite reason a team repeatedly starts slow. Can't wait to see how bad this team beats someone when both halves are lights out. Bama and aTm would be  good games to have this happen.

volsboyinsodak
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 06:44:14 EDT »

For starters, Shoop seems to be blindingly good at adjusting to stop whatever he's facing.  Perhaps he's experimenting a bit at the start to see what's needed?  Hard to say what the problem is on O.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 06:59:16 EDT »

Shouldn't have been a slow start against Florida....catch the darn ball and we have 17-21 points the first half. Inside the 5 twice and come away with no points.

When you play a team the likes of App State, VT, Ohio with less talent they come out usually with a game plan away from the norm....takes a few series for the defense to adjust. Also with the injuries we've had on defense it makes you change things up to fit the new personnel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: