VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 10:13:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reports are saying Peyton to the Broncos.....  (Read 7621 times)
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:00:55 EDT »

Crap. I was hoping he'd go to the 49ers. 
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:11:11 EDT »

I think Denver has been choice #1 the whole time, but Titans and Niners gave PM something to think about.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:17:04 EDT »

Of the three it makes the least sense to me.  SF offered a chance to be an immediate Super Bowl contender, and TN offered the comfort of home. 

Oh well, I'll be rooting for Denver next year.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 06:20:31 EDT »

I don't see the allure for Peyton.   
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:22:24 EDT »

Crap. I was hoping he'd go to the 49ers. 

I hate to see him get in the middle of the Tebow drama.
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 06:32:36 EDT »

I hate to see him get in the middle of the Tebow drama.

I don't think there's going to be any Tebow drama. I doubt he'll still be on the team this season. They'll probably dump him off on Jacksonville, so they can sell some tickets.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 06:39:25 EDT »

I don't think there's going to be any Tebow drama. I doubt he'll still be on the team this season. They'll probably dump him off on Jacksonville, so they can sell some tickets.

True, but I saw some polls of Denver fans where they prefer Tebow over Manning.  I hope he does well, or they will turn on him in a heart beat.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 06:40:11 EDT »

Denver was a playoff team and won a playoff game without Peyton and it's still in the AFC in a weak division. Pretty easy to see why he made the move. I wish he had come to the Titans but I can see why he made the choice. The Broncos were closer than the Titans were.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 06:41:38 EDT »

Broncos it is, per Mortensen.

They have a lot going for them, good running game, OL...

They need to sign a TE - Dallas Clark maybe?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 06:41:40 EDT »

Wanted the dolphins or titans but of the 3 candidates left I prefer broncos to 9ers.  I think the broncos r so desperate to solve tebow problem that they r giving peyton a sweet deal. Broncos just said Tebow is being traded which I suspect was part of the deal

I had two ways of looking at that. One I don't want Peyton caught up in that mess either but it would be so fun to watch the gator reaction when Peyton starts as he would barring any injury.

Of course nothing is signed yet and tebow is not traded but it all looks pretty solid right now.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:22:03 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 06:44:31 EDT »

Of the three it makes the least sense to me.  SF offered a chance to be an immediate Super Bowl contender, and TN offered the comfort of home. 

Oh well, I'll be rooting for Denver next year.

1. John Fox is players coach type of guy---He is willing to adjust to whatever gets W.
2. Solid ownership
3. John Elway role in the day to day of Broncos is much more than most fans believe.
4. Good O line
5. Very good mix of skill people
RB's McGahee, Morneo, and Lance Ball best set backs PM has ever had
Wr's have 2 big pieces in place with Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas both 3rd year players, and Thomas finally healthy.
6. Cap Space now and in the near futrue
I do feel Niners are Super Bowl ready team, but if I was looking at 4-5 window I like the Broncos better
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 06:45:37 EDT »

Denver was a playoff team and won a playoff game without Peyton and it's still in the AFC in a weak division. Pretty easy to see why he made the move. I wish he had come to the Titans but I can see why he made the choice. The Broncos were closer than the Titans were.

The Niners were the closest of the three.  With Peyton, I think they instantly would've become the favorites in the NFC.  But I guess Peyton was dead set against playing in the same conference as Eli.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:03 EDT »

I think Tebow could be a Niner himself if Smith bolts.

Peyton I think favored the AFC. He knows AFC defenses better

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 06:52:35 EDT »

espn saying that Denver trying to aquire Jeff Saturday now.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 06:53:53 EDT »

espn saying that Denver trying to aquire Jeff Saturday now.

They will try to get Clark too

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 06:57:17 EDT »

The Niners were the closest of the three.  With Peyton, I think they instantly would've become the favorites in the NFC.  But I guess Peyton was dead set against playing in the same conference as Eli.

He wasn't going to go run Harbaugh's offense. I don't think it had anything to do with Eli. It had to do with control.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:54 EDT »

I think Tebow could be a Niner himself if Smith bolts.

Peyton I think favored the AFC. He knows AFC defenses better

I don't think Harbaugh wants any part of Tebowmania.  In fact, the only team that I think would consider him would be Jacksonville and that for ticket sales.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 07:02:40 EDT »

I don't think Harbaugh wants any part of Tebowmania.  In fact, the only team that I think would consider him would be Jacksonville and that for ticket sales.

Jacksonville makes sense...but Tebow and Alex Smith worked for the same guy in college.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:53 EDT »

SF may get hung out to dry if they dont convince Alex Smith to resign.  After Tebow there's not much out there as far as available QB's, and they're not gonna win consistently with Tebow.  Imo, the only place Tebow makes sense to me is Jax, to sell tickets.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 08:50:32 EDT »

I'm reading that Alex Smith is very interested in going to Miami.  I think SF is in trouble.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:33 EDT »

He wasn't going to go run Harbaugh's offense. I don't think it had anything to do with Eli. It had to do with control.

This occured to me alos.  Harbaugh is definitely not the type that likes to turn the reins over to the QB and let him go.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 09:58:01 EDT »

This occured to me alos.  Harbaugh is definitely not the type that likes to turn the reins over to the QB and let him go.

Mortensen reported it as a big part in the decision... he isn't going to have time to learn a new offense and rehab so he chose the place where they would let him put in his own offense.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 10:06:28 EDT »

I think the fact that Denver had the most cap room of any team vying for his services probably also had a lot to do with it.  They can sign Peyton and still have plenty of cash left over, and you can bet that he will have a big say in how that cash is spent.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: