VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 11:50:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any of you gamers getting Skyrim?  (Read 2765 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:25:19 EST »

I reserved it, and I'm going to pick it up in a bit.  Really, fighting dragons and casting spells isn't my cup of tea.  But I'm a sucker for huge open world games, and this is supposed to be the biggest yet.  And it looks gorgeous, based on the trailers I've seen. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:07:21 EST »

It's supposed to be awesome.  But, I have no desire to take any time away from BF3 at the moment.  :-). Lovin' it. I don't know how I'll manage when Arkham City finally gets released to the PC, or when I get Uncharted 3 and AC:R at Christmas.

In December Dice is releasing four of the most popular maps from BF2 that have been revamped for the Frostbite 2.0 engine... Which I know means nothing to console games but I can't wait for.

I will be playing BF3 for many years to come.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:04:02 EST »

Skyrim looks pretty cool but I don't think I will have time for it. I cannot wait until next Tuesday... that's what I know for sure.

The final launch trailer...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/skWGjgoERtw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/skWGjgoERtw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 07:40:39 EST »

Well, if anyone is considering getting it, here are my early impressions.

The first 30 minutes or so are scripted.  After that, you're on your own and free to explore.  And that's about all I did yesterday.  I only completed a couple of missions, and spent nearly all day just exploring the world- and I've still only seen about half of it.  It's freakin' huge.  I'd say it's roughly twice as big as RDR, and it's all unlocked at the top of the game.  There are nine large cities and probably twice that many smaller towns.  On top of that, the landscape it dotted with dozens, maybe even hundreds, of hidden entrances to underground caves and catacombs, none of which I've even checked out yet.  So I have probably only scratched the surface of the scope of this game.  The original score is the best I've ever heard in a game, and superior to that of most movies. 

On the down side, the character models and animations are stiff, and the voice acting is below average.  And I encountered  several graphics glitches.  Most were minor, but one time I got stuck and couldn't move, and actually had to restart the game.  Not good. 

Overall, I'd say it's worth checking out.  And I figure I'll only like it better once I delve into the story.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 08:20:28 EST »

I reserved it, and I'm going to pick it up in a bit....

Hey, this is a family board!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 10:22:21 EST »

Skyrim looks pretty cool but I don't think I will have time for it. I cannot wait until next Tuesday... that's what I know for sure.

The final launch trailer...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/skWGjgoERtw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/skWGjgoERtw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

I'll still wait until Christmas, but I can't wait either.  I've got other games to keep me busy till then, and my wife tells me "save some things that you want for Christmas so I'll have some gift ideas".  Looks epic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: