VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 10:56:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He would not do it, but .... Mike Munchak  (Read 924 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2018, 07:27:52 EST »

They were saying on Sunday Night Football what wonders he has worked with the Pittsburgh O Line.  He is currently  their position coach for OL.   Likely going to Tennessee even as OC is a step down for him, but man would that be amazing.  He would whip our OL in shape for sure. And having an ex-NFL HC would be a definite splash hire.

it's not going to happen though. He is just polishing his resume for another HC or OC job in the NFL.   And there are differences. In the NFL practices are very long and players can literally spend almost every waking moment watching film and meeting with coaches.  Not so in college.

But I wish we could hire a really good OL coach. I like many am not sold on Friend.  It could be that Will just got stuck with a historically bad situation this year and will be better next.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 07:53:39 EST »

They were saying on Sunday Night Football what wonders he has worked with the Pittsburgh O Line.  He is currently  their position coach for OL.   Likely going to Tennessee even as OC is a step down for him, but man would that be amazing.  He would whip our OL in shape for sure. And having an ex-NFL HC would be a definite splash hire.

it's not going to happen though. He is just polishing his resume for another HC or OC job in the NFL.   And there are differences. In the NFL practices are very long and players can literally spend almost every waking moment watching film and meeting with coaches.  Not so in college.

But I wish we could hire a really good OL coach. I like many am not sold on Friend.  It could be that Will just got stuck with a historically bad situation this year and will be better next.

We might be looking to hire a OL coach when Friend becomes our OC.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 08:33:14 EST by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 09:47:06 EST »

We might be looking to hire a OL coach when Friend becomes our OC.

Yeah, I know no one wants that.   

What I describe is a pipe dream, but what I would do if I were CJP is bring in Munchak as the OC/OL coach, and move Friend over to TEs.  A step down for Friend and he would not like it, but based on OL performance this year hard to argue.  Although I will add that I am not sure anyone could have done much better with what we had this year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: