VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 12:57:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowd announced at 95K...  (Read 2870 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2017, 02:43:30 EST »

...there's not really that many there, but it's still a MUCH better crowd than I expected (compare it to the crowd at Arky today).  This fanbase deserves better.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 03:09:20 EST »

But...but...but...there were supposed to be 50K.  The media say so.   

And I salute every fan there. I had a chance to go, didn't take it.  So...bad on me. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 06:16:19 EST »

I was surprised at how many were there.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 06:45:02 EST »

When people give away their tickets to those that rarely go, the crowd is not surprising. It was not 95,000 there IMO.

But the only thing that the UT administration understands is money. When season ticket sales fall off next year and donations drop, that will get Currie's attention. Only that will. IMO he was hired to only be a Yes Man for big donors. He will do what he is told like a good servant.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 06:52:20 EST »

When people give away their tickets to those that rarely go, the crowd is not surprising. It was not 95,000 there IMO.

But the only thing that the UT administration understands is money. When season ticket sales fall off next year and donations drop, that will get Currie's attention. Only that will. IMO he was hired to only be a Yes Man for big donors. He will do what he is told like a good servant.

It was more likely closer to 70-75K.  Huge empty sections and people were much more spread out than they normally are.  

UT never gives an actual turnstile count.  They only give tickets sold plus others in the building for game management purposes. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 07:42:36 EST »

Here's Arkansas from yesterday, a team having a similarly miserable season.  Notice that the upper deck and endzone are almost entirely empty (those aren't people in EZ, those are red seats).  We probably didn't really have 95K yesterday, but given the circumstances I think our attendance is still pretty remarkable, especially compared to some others.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 08:16:22 EST »

From twitter yesterday: The scene at Kyle Field during the national anthem

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 09:48:30 EST »

Yep.  Crappy attendance conference wide. 

People are getting fed up with paying prices that are way too high, and I am not just talking about tickets, and seeing an inferior product on the field.  Even for hard core fans, there are way too many options for entertainment in this day and time. 

And it just a coincidence that turnstile counts were down at Arkansas, College Station, and Knoxville yesterday?  What is the common thread?

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: