VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 02:33:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have to say.......  (Read 4418 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2017, 04:28:08 EST »

.....that wasn't the most exciting win I've ever seen.

Yes, a win is a win. But.........

I've been a Vol fan for 50 years. I'm a UT alumnus (1974). I've seen good times. I've seen bad times. (Cue the music.)

But this is just sad. Unless we make the right move right now, I'm afraid that my time will run out before I see the good times again.

And that pisses me off.

My first post on this board was in January 1999 the night we won the BCS NC. My post was: "Now I can die a happy man".  I knew how hard it was to win the NC and I realized that I might not ever see it again. I realized that I might not ever see us even play for the NC again because of how difficult it was.  And I was a young 46 years old at that point.

I'm not demanding or expecting a national championship. I am demanding and expecting that we have a chance. I'm demanding and expecting something more than what is being put on the field right now.

And there is no reason that UT can't do that.

Now quit pissing me off.

And get off of my lawn.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:49:28 EST by droner » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 04:52:57 EST »

Rumors flying that Butch might be back. 

I'm on record that it doesn't matter if they can him now or near the end of the month.

I am sure there will be epic nuclear meltdown whining if he's back another year.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 04:54:33 EST »

Well said. I first posted here in 1998. I feel the same way. I'll be 57 in Dec.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 05:02:17 EST »

You've only aged 11 years over the span of 1998 to 2017? What's the secret to that? 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 05:05:05 EST »

You've only aged 11 years over the span of 1998 to 2017? What's the secret to that? 

As everyone knows, I don't exist. So time and aging don't apply to me.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 05:05:59 EST »

My first in person UT game was in 1958.....I've seen some bad football in those years and this years team ranks up there real high on the worst list. Not only are we bad on offense we are coached worse. We don't do anything to create mismatches against defenses. Our run game is clueless, no miss directions, no counters, no lead blockers, just run it between the tackles and hope to gain a yard....our OL is pitiful....our WRs are not good most of the time...we have TEs that can't catch and one that avoids contact like it was the plague and now if Calloway is out it only gets worse. Started the season with 15 offensive linemen and now down to 7.....and playing our 3rd string QB. We need to sacrifice a goat or chicken or something to get this curse lifted.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 05:12:28 EST »

My first in person UT game was in 1958.....I've seen some bad football in those years and this years team ranks up there real high on the worst list. Not only are we bad on offense we are coached worse. We don't do anything to create mismatches against defenses. Our run game is clueless, no miss directions, no counters, no lead blockers, just run it between the tackles and hope to gain a yard....our OL is pitiful....our WRs are not good most of the time...we have TEs that can't catch and one that avoids contact like it was the plague and now if Calloway is out it only gets worse. Started the season with 15 offensive linemen and now down to 7.....and playing our 3rd string QB. We need to sacrifice a goat or chicken or something to get this curse lifted.

How about a head coach?
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 05:17:44 EST »

As everyone knows, I don't exist. So time and aging don't apply to me.

OK. Thought it might be whatever you were drinking on Friday nights.   
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 04:12:18 EST »

Tennessee will not win at Missouri next Saturday. The defense will not be able to stop or potentially even slow them down. If UT can hold Missouri under 7 TDs, it will be a miracle. Chance are the offense gets skunked again, especially if JG cannot play or is limited. Almost every OL is hurt. QG has a bad wheel. WRs now going down. The defense is losing DBs. The DL appears to be hurt or arguing with the coaching staff. Violation of team rules is code for telling your coaches they are wrong. If there is strife on this team, it is because the players realize this coaching staff is inadequate and likely are telling them that. It may be disrespect, but it is the truth.

LSU will crush this team in Neyland. Guise may get 300 yds unless he turns an ankle. The only saving grace is that LSU QB is bad and has trouble throwing it to the correct color jersey. But he is still better that what Butch is able to teach and put on the field.

When Butch hits the 7 loss mark, will Currie pull the plug or will he bring out the "Well look at the injuries this team had" card? This level of injuries 2 years in a row points out a lack of preparation to condition the players for physical activity. That is on Butch. Also, it is up to the coach to have all the players on the team ready to play and not depend on a core group of 22-30 players like this staff does. No depth is a Butch problem; not a player problem.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 06:10:09 EST »

Don't see there's any way he's back. That would be catastrophic financially. I also have no inside info.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 10:59:42 EST »

I actually like what I saw from Mcbride. He looked poised and made some good reads and throws, I thought.

Also whether it's for Butch, whatever pride they can salvage, us against the world, or another purpose these guys still seem to be playing hard. Gotta give em that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 11:17:29 EST »

I actually like what I saw from Mcbride. He looked poised and made some good reads and throws, I thought.

Also whether it's for Butch, whatever pride they can salvage, us against the world, or another purpose these guys still seem to be playing hard. Gotta give em that.

Yep.  And while Missouri is looking tough at this point, it would not be the biggest upset in the history of the world.  Their D is Ga Tech bad.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: