VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 04:21:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On one hand you got your Grumors, OTOH....  (Read 1629 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:08:41 EST »

http://fanbuzz.com/college-football/sec/tennessee/butch-jones-job-security-john-currie-life-support-dan-mullen/

I'm really wondering if we will even win an SEC game, but running the table?  I don't think so.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 05:15:50 EST »

This is giving someone a chance so that you can say you gave them a chance when you really know that there is no chance.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:29:00 EST »

There is a chance to win them all, but a greater chance to lose them all. I am now of the opinion Currie is giving Butch the chance to win so he can say he got every opportunity. I also think Currie has likely already made the decision to fire Butch but has some misguided old fashioned notion that the players do not know. While it is noble to only think of the next game, not thinking & planning for the future is a recipe for failure. If Currie is his own man, Butch is gone. If Currie is a Yes Man, Butch may survive and take Currie with him next year. After 5 yrs, Butch has proven he is not a quality SEC head coach. This old fashioned notion of keeping quiet will get you beat. We will find out if Currie is a quality SEC AD or a figure head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: