VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 09:44:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braves fans...  (Read 4089 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2013, 01:03:00 EDT »

What becomes of Evan Gattis when Freeman and McCann return?  You can't just take his bat out of the lineup, can you?   This is a good problem to have, but nonetheless it IS a problem.  I wonder how fast he could learn the hot corner.

HuntsVOL
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:24:49 EDT »

Personally I think Gerald Laird goes by the wayside and Gattis stays.  I really haven't been keeping up with Laird so I don't know if he has been hitting or not. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:34:51 EDT »

Personally I think Gerald Laird goes by the wayside and Gattis stays.  I really haven't been keeping up with Laird so I don't know if he has been hitting or not. 

Oh, there's no doubt that Gattis will stay on the roster.  But I'm talking about the everyday lineup.  With Freeman and Mac back, where do you put Gattis?  Too bad we can't have a DH.

RON
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:19:03 EDT »

It's very impressive the Braves are 10-1 and they haven't really been hitting the ball well. Starting  Pitching has been pretty good but the Bullpen has been great.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 03:27:27 EDT »

It's very impressive the Braves are 10-1 and they haven't really been hitting the ball well. Starting  Pitching has been pretty good but the Bullpen has been great.

Yep.  Gattis and Justin Upton have been shouldering pretty much the entire offensive load so far, and they're still winning big. Obviously, that's not sustainable.  If they hope to make the postseason again, they're going to need more from BJ, Heyward, Simmons, and Freeman (when he returns from the DL).  I don't think the rotation can keep up this pace- but the bullpen can, as long as Fredi doesn't overwork them again.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 07:45:21 EDT »

What becomes of Evan Gattis when Freeman and McCann return?  You can't just take his bat out of the lineup, can you?   This is a good problem to have, but nonetheless it IS a problem.  I wonder how fast he could learn the hot corner.

Gattis will be the catcher in 2014,He probably back up McCann this season

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 04:48:55 EDT »

The Braves are on a roll! With the way Gattis is playing,I'd start Him and let McCann back Him up since He'll probably be gone in 2014

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 06:09:30 EDT »

Too bad we can't have a DH.

Dear God, man. Shut yo mouf!  The DH was an invention straight from the pitts of hell.  It is Satan's delight, which is why the AL is the only league allowed in Hades. 

Bammer suxes! That is all!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 09:31:17 EDT »

Dear God, man. Shut yo mouf!  The DH was an invention straight from the pitts of hell.  It is Satan's delight, which is why the AL is the only league allowed in Hades. 
For sure!  We are talking baseball, not T-ball!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 09:51:57 EDT »

It's time to end interleague play, also. It was fun for a while but now it just results in unfair and unbalanced schedules.
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 03:41:16 EDT »

They keep this up, they stand an excellent chance of losing another World Series!!! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: